"Full Gear Shift Control"

redmist

I've noted the full gear shift control on the G4x series of ECU's. I'm currently running a G4+ Xtreme and looking at a solenoid or air shifter (would prefer solenoid as I run in rough environments and it's simpler). 

Given, on cursory investigation, it would appear that the G4x has some form of gear shift control it seems worth me upgrading. However I've found no documentation on this function. 

I'd also like someone with personal experience of the "full gear shift control" function, to comment in regards to it's use and configuration. 

Further, while I'm currently running PCLink G4+ (5.6.8.3671) I've attempted to also load PC Link G4x (6.19.65for docs) and it fails with of a missing FTD2XX.DLL. I can't use the recommended fix, plug in a G4x, remove and reload the USB drivers because I currently don't own a G4x. . 

Thanks 
Daniel. 

Gear shift control strategy in G4X is pretty much the same as G4+ at present.  There is no shift actuator logic, such as a paddle shift system, it is still based around systems where the driver is moving the lever.  

BTW, as for FTD2XX.DLL problem, it is just the latest 6.19 that is looking for that driver, but you could download 6.18 to have a look around.