Link CAN-Lambda stream setup

Rozsko

Hey guys,

In the process of configuring my new CAN-Lambda modul and while reading trough the setup instructions, there seems to be no mention of the stream setup. Is that because it is not needed for real or is that just so obvious that it is not mentioned?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You can have up to 8 CAN lambdas all on that one channel.

WOW, I would have never tried that. (but only two more modules to go to have 4 :) ) Not sure if I want to go there though as I am not sure for how long the LSU sensors will last pre turbo.

So that means, the 950 ID is not relevant either in the setup screen?

54 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

So that means, the 950 ID is not relevant either in the setup screen?

Im not sure, but it expects Lambda 1 to be received on ID 950 and Lambda 2 on ID 951.  So you have to program one CAN Lambda module to be Lambda 2 before hand using the CAN devices tab.

55 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So you have to program one CAN Lambda module to be Lambda 2 before hand using the CAN devices tab.

Yep, I figured that, but I would have thought that all lambda modules will need to be assigned individually to a stream with its own ID starting from 950 and up.

Worked on this a little more this morning and I would have a few more questions.

I did not start the car, so it is key on engine off now.

Moved the Link CAN to bus#2 (previously I set the bitrate to 500kbps as the rest of the gauges are like that on bus#2).

Now, Lambda1 reads 0, just like lambd1 temp, but lambda1 error says ok (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThN5bPCwdOYm9Zp3Djw).

Is that normal at key on engine off? Will these be read only after the engine is started?

The other thing is even though I changed the bitrate previously (and I changed it atleast 3 more times recently) when I query the CAN devices in the CAN setup screen, it always returns it as 1Mbps. Then I can change to 500kbps again, powercycle the modul, query again and it is again 1Mbps.

I think this is only a glitch on the screen, as if it wasn't 500kbps then none of the gauges would work on the same bus and I assume the lambda1 error would report some sort of error code too.