CAN stream setup for dual bus

Rozsko

Hey guys,

As I had to change the bit rate of the CAN-Lambda I have, I decided to attach it to the other CAN bus connector.

Doing that I was expecting that the streams tab will be empty of frames (if that's an actual expression :) ), but it wasn't.

No matter which bus I selected on the main tab of the CAN setup screen, it was streams1-10 displayed with the list of frames I have setup currently for the rest of the gauges.

This is becoming a problem for me as a 22channel AEM modul is on the way so I'll need to use both buses.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You have a max of 10 custom streams (ID's) shared across all CAN devices.

Oh, that's very sad.

Is there any reason why? and is there any plan to add more?

And in this case I can have a custom stream assigned only to one bus, correct? I mean if I assign a device to Stream 1 on bus 1, then I can't assign an other device to stream 1 on bus 2.

Please explain what you are trying to do.  You can send or receive the same stream on both buses but Im not sure why you would want to do that. 

20 CAN slots with 10 custom multi-frame streams is already very generous and more than most ECU's of this level allow.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Please explain what you are trying to do.  You can send or receive the same stream on both buses but Im not sure why you would want to do that. 

20 CAN slots with 10 custom multi-frame streams is already very generous and more than most ECU's of this level allow.

You might be right about the generous part, but as I was reviewing my inputs, it seems I am running out of options.

I want to fit quite a few extra sensors, air temp, and emap, and because I did not use all the CAN streams yet, I thought I will be able to fit an AEM 22 channel CAN module and hook all those sensor up like that. I have 6 AEM gauges and an EGT modul already that are sending data to the ECU on custom CAN. So I would need more then 10 streams.

here you go: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThN5RLlf4fi2B2J4CqQ?e=GiJK20

the AEM EGT is coming out and the channel will be converted to transmit to an other AEM CAN gauge.

So there are 3 more temp sensors going in to be able to see how much heat the turbo puts into the air and what the IC efficiency is, and 3 more pressure sensors to monitor emap at different stages of the exhaust system.

24 minutes ago, Adamw said:

What device is the data in stream 2,3,4,5,6 coming from? 5 separate devices with only one channel each?  

Those are the AEM x-series gauges I mentioned earlier. Each have a unique CAN ID.

Going from stream1 up:

• Link CAN lambda
  • fuel pressure
  • oil pressure
  • oil temp
  • EGT (this will be converted to a transmit)
  • boost(this is sort of redundant as I have a map sensor obviously, so I might need to give this one up)
  • CAN gauge to display lambda (only configured to test the functionality)
  • ECUMaster EGT modul)