2JZ GE na-t. Stalling when changing into gear. A340 trans

AJ 2JZGE-T Supramkiv

Having trouble getting my base map to work changing to load.   

I have a 2JZ GE + turbo.  Running stock ecu parallel for auto control.  Using a g4 xtreme red.   Latest firmware update. 

Can only get it into gear after 30 min run time on idle.  Once in gear I can drive no issue for up to 20 min so far (haven't tried to go further).

Can anyone help with a base map I could try. 

Or I can send file to an admin to look over if that's possible 

Adam, current ecu file and 3 log files.  one start up and run, one start up with ramps and stall on gear change, and last star up with gear changes working.

arons mid life Log 7-01-21 7;16;17 pm.llg Log 7-01-21 7;17;35 pm-rampnstall.llg

Sorry reached limit on upload.  wont let me attach last log with drive changes working

Well there is something a bit weird going on with idle ignition timing that is probably causing the stall, which I will fix later, but the first thing I want to confirm is that the ECU hold power function is working correctly.  Can you confirm, if you have your laptop connected, and engine idling, open the runtimes screen (F12), go to the Auxilary tab and watch the Idle position, then switch ignition off.  Does the idle position wind all the way to zero, then back to 50 before the the ecu disconnects/shuts down?

tUNwDJ4.png

I was just going to make some adjustments for you to try but now after a closer look I have a couple more questions.  

All 2J's as far as I know have a 6 wire ISCV motor, but your tune is set up for a 4 wire motor.  A 6 wire motor can be made to work like a 4 wire though so that is one of my questions.  Can you take a look at the motor, check it is actually a 6 wire motor and check it has all 6 wires connected.  

2nd question; in your logs your TPS sits at 0% with the engine off, but sits at 1-1.5% when the engine is running.  So since your idle control lockout is set for 0.8%TP, idle control never actually kicks in.  It may be an electrical problem causing this - or it could be a sticky cable or throttle body - or it could just be you with a bad habit of resting your foot on the pedal.  Can have a play around while watching TP in PC link with engine off and then running/idling/blips etc to see if you can confirm if there is a problem here with it returning to zero.  We can just bump the idle TP lockout up in the map to get around it, but that can cause drivability issues so you dont want to do that unless there is no other option.  

I've picked up on the iscv problem and had changed to 6 wire open loop. 

Didn't solve problem of gear change but obviously should operate better.   I copied settings from GTE base file in link software.  Have also tried putting in more timing, fuel with no success.   

It seems it only shifts into gear at ect in 70's and ait 40's or early 50's and without any timing.  

If you could please look at it and I'm happy to try anything at this point.   I just need it running well enough to get to tuner and dyno next Thursday 

Adam,

I had my tuner log in remotely through team viewer to have a look for 20 min today and he made some changes to fuel and ignition.  I have added those to your map and run a log for you.

Thank you very much for your assistance.  I hear the iscv pulling air and then changing to pull more.  and rpm greatly increasing.  I pulled it apart today to check inside and all was clean and bearing good, magnet was strong.  unsure if it is operating right though

Im not convinced it is working properly - although it could be because you adjusted the throttle earlier instead of answering my question about the TP returning to zero.

In the latest log, the ECU is showing the idle valve position at zero (ie fully open) but the idle speed is still below target, so either the valve is stuck and not actually fully open - or your throttle is too closed.  

I would probably suggest putting the throttle back to where it was, do a TP cal and try another log.

Your Throttle position is still showing 1.5-1.7% when the engine is idling and drops to zero 0% when engine is off.  So we are back to this same question:

On 1/8/2021 at 10:48 PM, Adamw said:

2nd question; in your logs your TPS sits at 0% with the engine off, but sits at 1-1.5% when the engine is running.  So since your idle control lockout is set for 0.8%TP, idle control never actually kicks in.  It may be an electrical problem causing this - or it could be a sticky cable or throttle body - or it could just be you with a bad habit of resting your foot on the pedal.  Can have a play around while watching TP in PC link with engine off and then running/idling/blips etc to see if you can confirm if there is a problem here with it returning to zero.  We can just bump the idle TP lockout up in the map to get around it, but that can cause drivability issues so you dont want to do that unless there is no other option.  

Can you confirm if the 1.7% is due to a sticky throttle, or your foot resting on the pedal, or an electrical issue.

47 minutes ago, AJ 2JZGE-T Supramkiv said:

I've deleted previous files and my storage allowance hasn't reset

Its not going too.  The way forums work is we get charged based on how many users are online at once and how many files are uploaded.  So each new member gets a small upload allowance to help them get started with while keeping costs under control.  If you need more you can use any of the sharing options I mentioned above.