Link G4+ Nissan Skyline R33 Trigger Spikes (Maybe) Problem

Chipsminor

1 hour ago, Chipsminor said:

I know you can help me a lot! And i tried to send you a message but you dont receive messages which is very legit! I want to discuss some things with you so you can help me out! Thank you! 

You can post your questions here.

The triggerscope above that you call "distorted" looks pretty normal for one of these trigger kits to me, it is just what you get from a reluctor when the engine speed is low and uneven due to compression and the starter motor.  Having a reluctor on a small diameter wheel that is driven at camshaft speed just exaggerates the normal cranking distortion.  However, all the ECU needs is a waveform that rises above the arming threshold and falls below 0V, the right number of times per cycle.  Most of those requirements look to be met ok except possibly your  sensor is wired incorrect polarity which will give you 24teeth per cycle instead of the expected 23 teeth.

Yes that looks correct on trigger 1.  Are you getting RPM showing in the ecu when you crank with that set that way?  Your arming threshold at zero rpm was 0.2V (200mV) and at 1000rpm was 1.0V.  The missing tooth may be close to that arming threshold so maybe try 0.3V at zero rpm instead.

3 minutes ago, koracing said:

Yes that looks correct on trigger 1.  Are you getting RPM showing in the ecu when you crank with that set that way?  Your arming threshold at zero rpm was 0.2V (200mV) and at 1000rpm was 1.0V.  The missing tooth may be close to that arming threshold so maybe try 0.3V at zero rpm instead.

i get 150 to 180 rpm with this setup. i have it set to 0.2 at 0 rpm and 1.0 at 1000 rpm. i will check tomorrow and let you know thank you! So if i get this scope i have to check somewhere else for issues if its not starting? The problem is that i didnt do the wiring and thats the hard for me!

It could be tuning as well - perhaps your cold start settings need some adjustment?  As a test you can try just adding a lot more fuel on the base table at the values around zero rpm and see if it changes anything.  By a lot I mean multiply by like 1.2-1.5 for a quick test.

10 hours ago, koracing said:

It could be tuning as well - perhaps your cold start settings need some adjustment?  As a test you can try just adding a lot more fuel on the base table at the values around zero rpm and see if it changes anything.  By a lot I mean multiply by like 1.2-1.5 for a quick test. 

No... The car was working perfect before messing with the wiring... Just had spikes on high rpm! here is the scope now... And the car throws trigger errors and not starting... Tried 0.3 on thresshold but no luck. 

IMG_20210120_101712.jpg

Can you confirm what pins the new trigger wiring is connected to?

Does the cam sensor have 3 pins or two?  

Can you pull the spark plugs out and do a triggerscope while cranking with no plugs in.  I want to see if the waveform improves with higher cranking speed.  Save as log and attach the actual log file so I can look at it in more detail.

Can you also attach a copy of your current tune and a PC log of it cranking.  

11 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Can you pull the spark plugs out and do a triggerscope while cranking with no plugs in.  I want to see if the waveform improves with higher cranking speed.  Save as log and attach the actual log file so I can look at it in more detail.

It is a two wire trigger. It is connected on pins 42 and 60 (alone).

everything  you asked is attached. i didn't pull the spark plugs but put a battery booster on the car and it cranks faster. it has difference, more powerful signal i believe!

triggerscope.jpg

george skyline.pclr Trigger Scope Log 2021-01-20 11;11;07 am.llg

16 minutes ago, Adamw said:

george no start log.zip

Okay problem is solved. The injectors power fuse was blown thats what was causing the not starting issue... Now the car starts and everything is perfect and finally i fixed the rev limiter issue. The problem was solved when i figured that the square plate with the 4 bolts was not installed on the camshaft pulley behind the trigger wheel. I put that plate on and also a 0.9 sensor spacer that  was in the kit and the problem was almost gone! Then i changed the rev limiter to advanced and 50rpm cut and it sorted everything out! Thanks for your support! I figgured everything out when my last chance was the belt tension! Have a nice Day/Night! 

• 3 months later...