Wastegate gain (similar to EBC)

mrpav

Hey legends!

Our rb26 has gone from nothing to 400kw all without the use of a workshop and so far is holding together lol!

My only issue at this stage is just trying to get a bit better response out of the car without going mechanical (it runs a gtx 3582 gen 2).

As it builds boost i've tried pulling a bunch of timing to see if that has an effect on things and it kind of feels like it does but I think it's a placebo cause it starts to feel doughey and then just kicks in harder.

ON TO TOPIC (sorry), is there anyway to adjust gain similar to an EBC through the link g4. Ive set up a mac valve and just used the duty cycle on open loop to adjust boost control so far but that's as far as I have gone with it all.

Thanks for your time, life savers. Really holding onto this g4 as long as I can cause half the town wants me to by a haltech 2500! lol

• 3 weeks later...

depending on how you have the wastegate plumbed with the solenoid you can apply pressure to the top of the wastegate to stop it opening early. 
I generally use something like this to help keep the gate shut until required pressure is made

boost.thumb.JPG.d280cc61519e60f95135ffbd195298b1.JPG

also depends on wastegate size & base spring pressure.
the G4 is still a great ecu, I would only upgrade to something newer if requiring CAN & DBW
I have tuned vehicles with both ecu and still prefer Link as thats what I have mainly used. If Link had a similiar wiring table/setup it would be perfect.