IC Spray extra tables

Bethanyc

Hi Link Team, 

Is it possible to add a 4D table to increase IC duty Cycle % ?

I have just setup a 20L spray tank in my Evo 6 with the factory nozzles and have 1 on oil cooler, 1 on radiator and 2 on intercooler. 

i would like to be able to increase the Duty cycle if any of the temps (oil/water/intake) go up beyond a threshold, i just cant figure out a way to do it ?    

Cooler events in winter are not going to need as much water to evaporate as in a 40deg summer rally so just trying to figure out a way to cover all scenarios   

Thanks

Beth. 

You want to increase the duty cycle of your IC sprayer basd on oil, water, or air temp?  No a 4D table is only for fuel or ignition.  I think it should be possible using Math channels and PWM output tables if you have them available to set up individual duty cycle tables.  At least that's what I think should work.  Something like if the IC spray function is active - add the duty cycle there to any other duty cycle parameters or something.

Something like this: 
image.thumb.png.aab894af8d5a9afc121ac4aa0199f629.png

Obviously there would be a lot of freedom in this setup to adjust axis values and break points as well as activation logic and frequencies.  I don't know what is a good operating frequency for your water pump or even if your spray system works by pulsing the water pump.  Regardless I think the logic is doable using something along these lines.  I do find it a bit annoying that you have to assign a virtual aux to an output in order to get it to allow you to actual do something with it as opposed to just acting as a variable calculation.  I think it was possible to use the virtual auxes as stand alone variables in G4+, though I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it being this way in G4x.

I'm sure Adam or someone will chime in if this doesn't seem like it should work, or an on time function based on similar logic using a timer possibly.

You could use a GP PWM instead of the IC spray function if you were fine with a slightly simpler activation setup, you would have a minimum frequency of 0.6Hz (spray period of 1.67s) and you could probably get some on/off hysteresis with the activation conditions.

You could also do a Math Block setup with a statement like (Oil Temp > X) | (ECT > Y) | (IAT > Z) which can be used to activate the IC spray (use the math block as the activation input). This wouldn't be increasing DC with temp but would be spraying or not spraying with temp.

Alternatively if you have separate spray motors and enough outputs you could use gp pwms to individually spray just the cooler that was getting too hot.

thanks Vaughan and Kris for the ideas, i think now have a simpler way to make it work while keeping most all the IC spray functions.

i checked the logs from the 2 events i have had with the ECU in and as the 2 events were 2 extremes, one at 25 deg day the other at 40 deg, there is a very constant increase in between AIT,Oil and ECT. So i can flatten the input with the mathblock somewhat by adding the 3 values together in the mathblock and using that output to increase the duty cycle. This way if one of the values from anything increase out of the ordinary i still get the benefit of increased spray of the overall hotter conditions.