Boost control solenoid wiring on Gen2 MR2

mark293

Does someone have actual pictures (and not a reference to some ancient forum where the pics are dead) of how a MAC 3 port boost solenoid and flex fuel sensor are wired? People have responded with just plug it in, but plug it in where. I think the term plug n play gets thrown around way too easily. I have yet to find any information or tutorial that simply says connect this to the original factory harness located........... A person shouldn't have to scour the internet for hours searching for information on a plug and play system. I would have done better just dropping the car off at a performance shop than spending endless hours attempting to navigate the spaghetti expansion wires. Thanks in advance. 

If you google "MR2 TVSV" you will find plenty of pictures where the stock boost valve is.  I think on the Gen 2 it is blue coloured and under the intake manifold.  Connect the new MAC valve to the existing wires that went to the old valve.

Wiring for the flex fuel sensor is in the help file.  You will have to find your own +12V supply to power it, use the the expansion loom for the ground and signal (DI4, 5 or 6).

Yep, boost control is the blue 2-pin connector under the intake manifold.  Some people sell the MAC valve with the correct mating connector already installed, so it's 100% plug and play.

If you're not going to run TVIS, what I did for my ethanol sensor was pulled 12V from the TVIS connector for power to it.

That helped tremendously. My AEM AFR gauge was pretty much pnp, but now since was advised to purchase the PLX controller, I have no idea how my gauge will work. PLX connection out to sensor in bung, but what connection goes back to the gauge? TIA