WRX Vehicle Speed Sensor wiring.

Axel R

Hi All,

I’m trying to get my speedo to work with the Fury, 

I have copied the v10 WRX speedo settings, but I can’t seem to get the link to read road speed, and currently the factory gage is not reading either. (I’m not too worried about the gauge for now) I can always drive it with the link if I have to. 

There is power and ground to the VSS, I have also got continuity on the signal wire all the way from the sensor to the ecu plugs + gauge cluster But I haven’t managed to get any speeds come through on the link, or the gauges.  Is it a matter of adjusting the settings on DI7? which I have made a GP1 Transmission, As per the help doc’s

Attached is my log (with the car up on a lift) and base map.

Cheers Axel 

PC Datalog - 2021-01-18 2;39;55 pm no road speedv1.llgx 1820565800_SubaruWRXG4XXtreme_non_avcs.lambada_onNewAccelV1.6.pclx

Cheers Adam,

I tried with the pull up on, but it’s not reading. would there be any other reason as too why a DI would not be picking up a signal coming from a VSS?

I have tried these things so far.

1 tried another old VSS from another gearbox, in the factory wiring, No success 

2 Tried new ground and power wires, but used same signal wire, on both old VSS's No success.

3 Tried new ground and power wires from the fury, (using sensor ground and 12v power), No success.

4 Tried other pin out combos on VSS, with old and new wiring. No success. I learned one thing from that... VSS's don’t like to be given 12v into the ground pin...  = one very fried vss. 

When up and running and I’m looking at the runtime values, DI7 doesn’t even get a signal, it’s just says inactive all the time. I even swapped the wire over to DI8 just to test if it was DI7, but still the same thing. Just an inactive message, even with DI8 pullup turned on. 

About the only thing I haven’t done is tried a new signal wire from the ecu to the VSS. But i cant see this being the issue, since I have continuity all the way from the VSS pin to the Fury header pin. 

I have ordered a Brand new VSS, but also a GPS to VSS signal kit now, So here’s hoping it was two busted Vss's or this GPS kit will be easier to get up and running. 

Cheers Axel 

So for an update, for anyone who maybe following this. 

I ended up putting in the gps to vss converter, since i am still waiting for the new gearbox sensor. It had the same issue, no signal to the ecu.

I ran a new signal wire to the gps unit, low and behold all was good. It looks like i am getting some kind of back through the factory signal wire.