Link G4+ PnP Mitsubishi Evo 9 - E throttle

Edmund T

Hi all,

I would like to install a Bosch e throttle body (0 280 750 474) and Bosch pedal sensor (0280755051) .  I have a Link G4+ Pnp 5.6.8.3671, Ecu type G4+ Xtreme top board (v1.4) and main board V1.2 for a Mitsubishi Evo 9. Ecu version also states that there is a 'internal e throttle enabled. 

My question, do I need the e-throttle module for this application? https://linkecu.com/link-ecu-e-throttle-module/

I have the XSL loom for the additional AN Volt/AUX inputs that is required for both pedal and throttle. 

Thanks in advance

Ok, this is quite an old board from about 2014.  V1.4 didnt have the E-throttle outputs available to the end user.  Only V1.7 and later I believe had the E-throttle inputs and outputs added to one of the expansion connectors.  So this board cant do E-throttle directly as is.

So 3 options:

1. External E-throttle module.  This would require also shuffling a few of the existing wires around to free up one of the aux 1-4 pins for one of the E-throttle module control signals.  In round numbers, current cost for the module is about NZD$400.
  2. Return the ECU to NZ to have some flying leads soldered to the board and a small modification to the power circuit to make Aux 9/10 available for direct E-throttle use.  Current cost for this mod is about NZD150 + shipping back and forward.
  3. Return the ECU to NZ to have the bottom board swapped for the latest version.  This will give you aux 9/10 on the expansion connector for direct E-throttle use.  Cost for this is about NZD300 + shipping.