Link G4+ Pnp Mitsubishi Evo 9 - Direct fire with GTR35/Hitachi COPs

Edmund T

Hi , I would like to install a Hitachi (GTR35) coils and run 'direct fire' if possible.   I have a Link G4+ Pnp 5.6.8.3671, Ecu type G4+ Xtreme top board (v1.4) and main board V1.2 .

Can I rewire AUX IGN 1 - 4 to each coils?

Currently the Evo 9 Pnp ecu has Aux IGN 3 for fuel pump and  Aux IGN 4 for condensor fans. These will need to be rewired to other available AUX outputs.

Vaughn beat me to it but I was nearly done so will add my reply for a little extra info:  

Yes, You can use ign 3 & 4 for COP conversion.  For the fuel pump, any alternative aux output should be fine but for the condensor fan I would probably suggest using another Ign output (Ign 7 should be unused on a evo IX).  The reason is fan relays are often "hot fed" and will back feed when ignition is switched off if you use a normal aux output, whereas ign outputs cant back feed.

Thanks guys., Just sharing for others; I used the PRP recommended dwell times and it worked best. Initially, I used slightly lower values (-20%) to be on the safe side but car misfirted at lower boost runs. The dwell times below worked like a charm on 15psi and I have turned it up to 28psi on a 4G63 motor with a Garrett GTX3582R. Happy days.

image.png.a12d16af6db02a214df0f4b9a878d16c.png\