Bmw E90 1jz engine swap. Steering wheel buttons

Loganbm

So I’ve wired up steering wheel buttons as a analog input, which gives me 8 buttons from the one analog input. Have one button as fault clear virtual aux 1, button two as data logger Virtual aux 2, theses work fine as a momentary buttons. But can’t work out the best way to setup buttons for boost table 1 inactive (button 3) and boost table 2 (button 4) hi boost low boost. Also look for info on dash can-bus eg Engine light, rev counter, oil, coolant temperature. Help

So left hand side buttons (no button pushed 3.32v)

1 4.57v

2 4.19v

3 4.85V

4 3.63V

right hand side (no button pushed 3.32v

1 1.18v

2 3.04v

3 2.20v

4 2.72v 

pushing more that one at the same time gives me another voltage. Eg left hand side 1 left and 1 right gives me 1.73v so lots of combos.
Also the An volt I have a Cal table setup as % 
Could run second an volt so one for left hand and second for right hand. If that helps

4 hours ago, Loganbm said:

But can’t work out the best way to setup buttons for boost table 1 inactive (button 3) and boost table 2 (button 4) hi boost low boost.

Can you explain this better?  You want one button press to turn off table 1 and a separate button to turn on table 2?  Usually just one button would be required to swap tables?  Or have you got three tables?

I had a play and a latch based on a voltage range is complicated to implement and even more complicated is having it not detect when you pass through that voltage on the way to a higher one. If you don't want to to wire the buttons to the ECU individually (at least for the things that latch) I would personally go with an arduino and CAN adapter or equivalent as that means you could write as complicated a setup as you want and then just communicate with the ECU through CAN DIs and CAN Analogs.

There is a lot of software behind the Cruise Controls analog input option which does differentiate buttons and latch based on an analog voltage.

for incrementing and decrementing boost levels you could probably do a very simple setup with a math block or two where you just add small amounts to the value whenever the up button is held and remove small amounts when the down button is held rather than a large increment on each press

And then put that value on the axis of a boost target table