link monsoon issues

simonjob

hey all 

i hope you can help i have a issue went to the track the other day car was running sweet till the out side temp came up and them the car started to lean out big time. i have had a look at it today thinking it was a pump issue but that all fine have checked all the normal stuff like injectors and filters and pumps all are fine. is there a table in the ecu that pulls fuel out when it gets hot. as i have tried adding fuel in the main fuel `table and it is fine. so im thinking there is a table in the link that has a correction value.

any help would be good 

jasmac tune 2020.20.pclr

Pic below I have overlayed a early part of the log with a section from towards the end of the log.  The pink lines are from the early part when lambda looked ok and the coloured lines are from the later part.  

If you look where the yellow cursor is I have aligned the logs so they are comparing a very similar operating condition.  RPM is the same, boost is within 3kpa, inj PW is near enough the same, TP is the same, fuel table number is the same, batt voltage is near enough the same.  Lambda is 0.83 in the early run vs 0.95 in the later - so a good ~13% less fuel.  Air and water temps are a little different but if we look at the charge temp it is only 10deg different so the temps should only be resulting is about a 4% difference to the fuel calc.   

The two biggest differences that jump out at me are Ethanol temp and differential fuel pressure.  Ethanol temp could possibly be the problem depending on injectors - some of the CNG based injectors for instance have terrible flow variation with temperature.  Fuel press also appears to be some of the problem, it is 20kpa lower at the and the cursor, but if you look at the trend before and after the cursor it seems to be lower all over, and quite a bit more than 20kpa in a lot of places.

UDCSjjV.png  

• 2 weeks later...

hey all i have had a look and when the car ic cold it is still no good have checked the fuel system and regulator they are all working as they should. 

i am running out of options for the car could possibly be a injector problem. i have increased fuel pressure to 80 to 90 psi and the car idles as it should.

have checked the flex sensor as well and that's working as it should.

Bosch Fuel Injector 1650cc @ 4 Bar Short Length

(Product Code: BSS1650)

Specifications:

• Nominal Flow Rate: 1650cc / min @ 300 kpa / 4 Bar
  • 1570cc @ 3 Bar Pressure
  • Connector: EV1 Bosch
  • Length: 38mm O-Ring - O-Ring
  • Impedance: 8.4 Ohms
  • Compatible Fuels: Pump Fuels 95/98, Race Fuels, Alcohols, All known Ethanol Blends including E85

they are the injectors that are in the car 

could a bad o2 sensior mislead the ecu to thinking the afr is incorrect? 

2 hours ago, simonjob said:

could a bad o2 sensior mislead the ecu to thinking the afr is incorrect? 

There would usually be other symptoms to indicate it is running lean such as lack of power or flat spots during accel etc.  If you dont have any of that then it could potentially be a measurement issue such as failing sensor or air leak etc.

Hi.

Have you checked for cracks before and around your 02 housing ?

You dont log knock .. but if you leaning out you'd possibly be getting some knock.. if you dont.. I suspect a crack somewhere in the exhaust is sucking oxygen and skewing the reading.. all while fueling is correct. 

One thing that I noted is your wastegate is acting funky.. 

While your boost targets are way off to your boost (thus the oscilations) you wg seems to behave very different in almost identical scenario.

Remski

2021-02-04 21_36_05-PCLink Engine Management - C__Users_Remski_Desktop_Downloads_333536343_jasmactun.png

i have unplug the o2 to get it to default to 14.7/1 and still dose the same thing. 

i might have to take it to a tuner and see what they can find with it.

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

There would usually be other symptoms to indicate it is running lean such as lack of power or flat spots during accel etc.  If you dont have any of that then it could potentially be a measurement issue such as failing sensor or air leak etc.

yeah it is flat and getting lean misfires in it.