Monsoon G4+ and EWP with PWM and SSR

james.earl

Hi all,

I am planning to run my Davies Craig EWP 80 through an SSR using an AUX on my Monsoon ECU. I have set up the AUX and Virtual Auxes mimicking the EWP controller using a guide on this forum.

I have ordered a Haltech HT-030202 solid state relay to control the pump and I intend to wire it as shown in the image below. The switched 12v will not be originating from the ECU but will be coming from the fusebox. Is this setup correct for my application? This is the recommended plan when using a Haltech ECU and SSR but I wanted to check here before I wired it all up and destroyed something.

Thanks

Wiring.PNG

Mostly looks ok.  You dont need the pull-up resistor as the ECU has one built-in.  I dont know about that specific relay, but with some SSR's, the high current +12V (Pin 2 on this drawing) needs to come from a switched +12V source, not direct from battery. No real way to know, just have to try it and see.  If the pump runs when you turn the ign off then you will need to change the pin 2 source.