FTD2XX.DLL is missing - Driver Install without ECU Connected?

Hyperblade

I've just encountered the issue raised in this locked thread.

The suggested solution requires an ECU to be connected to uninstall the driver.

To fix this issue plug in a G4X ECU, uninstall the ECU driver via the device manager and then reinstall the driver using the driver package installer (PCLink install folder->PCLink G4X->Link USB Drivers->LinkUSBDrivers_X64.exe (or LinkUSBDrivers_X86.exe for 32bit ssytems)).

However that's not possible for me at the moment with the computer having the issue.

What other options are there to resolving this issue?

17 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You dont need to uninstall anything in my experience.  Just plug-in the ECU so the driver can finish installing.  

I don't have the option to plug in an ecu at the moment, so how do I get around this issue so I can load PCLink?

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

You will have to use an older version such as 6.18 which doesnt require the driver.

That's very annoying when I'm just about to set up the firmware for a new ecu which will be on the latest version...

Maybe in future versions of PCLink the dll check could be done when you try to connect to an ECU.

• Hyperblade changed the title to FTD2XX.DLL is missing - Driver Install without ECU Connected?
  • 4 weeks later...

Simon's comment here: 

It looks like a solution to this is to shift where the driver is located.

If you move the ftd2xx.dll file from the C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X\Link USB Drivers\i386\ftd2xx.dll folder to C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X\Link USB Drivers\i386\ftd2xx.dll

Didn't give the correct path, but I managed to work it out.

Copy the following dll

C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X\Link USB Drivers\i386\ftd2xx.dll

to

C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X

And PCLink will now open. :)