Another Wheel Speed Sensor for TCS Post

Jarrett

I've been keeping a few of my questions reserved until I purchased the ECU as I didn't want to come off as freeloading. Now that I've purchased and received my G4+ Thunder, I will wade into the deep end where I don't belong.

The search function on this topic has yielded what seems to be exactly the answer I was looking for. However, I do have a reason for making an additional post about the same topic. I'd like to expound a little further as to the end uses of these signals given my application.

My car is an ENR34 Skyline (AWD R34, but not a GTR) and has the ABS brain in the trunk, which doubles as the TCS computer. I'd like to do what the thread I mentioned before did and tap directly into each incoming wheel speed sensor signal at the ABS computer and route them to DIs 11-14. My problem seems to be that the ABS/TCS receives engine input parameters by way of a multiplex from the ECU. Now my initial reaction to the OEM TCS is to not worry about it as more effective traction control strategies can be developed through fuel or ignition cut as opposed to ABS (correct me if I'm misinformed). But according to these diagrams, does it look like I'll need to supply this information to the OEM ABS computer somehow if I'm to retain its functionality? I'd love for the ability to retrofit a newer car's CAN ABS system to be more accessible, but these are my questions until that becomes a reality.

For the photo of the OEM ECU diagram, I am specifically talking about position 79. Ignore the highlights, as they are for something else.

R34 ABS Wiring Diagram.PNG

PXL_20210311_033605103.jpg

The best answer, as it implies I don't have to any workarounds for it to work!

In addition to using these inputs for a traction control strategy, I'd like to also have this information available to look into an electronic transfer case coupler at some point in the future and do away with the hydraulic ATTESA unit at some point.

Thanks for the help, Adam!