Who uses the snake trail feature? Please vote.

Adamw

See first post for a brief explanation of what this is about  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the table Snake Trial feature?

• Yes I use it regularly.
    • No dont use it.
  2. 2. If you use it, is a change to the short cut key going to bother you much?

• I would prefer it left as is.
    • It will take me some time but I can adapt to a new shortcut.

This poll is closed to new votes

We are considering how to enable direct entry of decimal numbers into a table without having to type in a leading zero (currently to enter say 0.87 lambda in the lambda target table you have to type in "0.87", rather than just ".87").  However for many years in Link software the "." and "," keys have been used as keyboard shortcuts to show/hide & pause/resume the snake trails so this use conflicts with being able to use these keys for direct text entry.  

None of us at Link use the snake trail feature much, but we realise others may.  This poll is to try to get a feeling of how widely it is used and if changing the short cut keys would effect many users. 

• Adamw pinned this topic

The snake trail length is already adjustable, this is done with the sample history setting in Pc logging setup screen.   Not sure it is needed when looking at logged data as the table crosshairs follow the log cursor to show exactly where you were working in the table.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Adamw unpinned this topic