Can lambda input

96Evo4.5

What Im getting at is you need to do the continuity test from end to end.  Not each individual cable/extension/adapter seperately. should be testing from the what plug on the ecu to whatever the AEM device connects to at the other end.    

On 4/7/2021 at 7:44 PM, Adamw said:

What Im getting at is you need to do the continuity test from end to end.  Not each individual cable/extension/adapter seperately. should be testing from the what plug on the ecu to whatever the AEM device connects to at the other end.    

I tested from the white plug on the ecu side to the white plug on the wideband controller, it came back fine. 0. So I dont know whats going on why my ecu isn't reading the CAN lambda. 

Is there any other setting inside the aem controller that I need to change other then setting the CAN to ID1?

9 minutes ago, 96Evo4.5 said:

Is there any other setting inside the aem controller that I need to change other then setting the CAN to ID1?

No, should be nothing else to it.

Can you attach your current tune again and a short log of it running.

i cant upload either the tune or the data log, it says the file size was to large and was skipped. the tune is 434 kb and the data log is like 700kb

anyways, the tune was loaded previously i do believe, i havent changed it, it was listed as "Devins tune"  I cant run the car currently as the ecu has been disconnected and i was advised by my tuner to not start the car any further, as the over fueling could damage the rings. But i did get a small log from before i dont know if that would help or not, 

1 hour ago, 96Evo4.5 said:

anyways, the tune was loaded previously i do believe, i havent changed it, it was listed as "Devins tune" 

In the last tune you attached was on April 3rd and you still hadnt fixed the mistake Vaughan pointed out earlier, so I wanted to check the current tune.  

If you have already used up your attachment allowance the you can upload it to something like googledrive/onedriove/dropbox etc and share a link here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgPhKN0QVZUGiFABewD2z-Oq6YMg?e=uuLH9e <----Tune link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgPhKN0QVZUGiFEljHJR87Sq6nWU?e=UzRVRj <----Older data log link this will be probably pretty useless because it wasnt taken with the current adjustments done. I figured id share it just it case

I had adjusted the tune as per what Vaughan had suggested, (change the ID from 1 to 0) the current tune reflects that. 

I dont use 1 drive much, so I hope the link works properly. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 2:11 PM, Adamw said:

Vaughan said to change it to none.  It should look like below.  

bdsqLDo.png

So I tried this last adjustment and still nothing. Im thinking of giving up on the CAN setup for right now, my time to figure this issue is quickly whittling away. How do I setup up to the Analog inputs on the Link? what do I need now for a harness and such to try and communicate with the Link via Analog. 

there is no log, as the car does not run atm, due to the harsh over fueling environment. The tune is the same as the last one that i shared via cloud storage link, the streams position is just set to "none". I need to buy a new CAN link harness (ecu end) because of the constant pulling it out of the ecu and my pushing probes into the end, its become misshaped and damaged. My next test is im going to get a new CAN plug and then im going to put it into the CAN2 input on the ecu, see if the ecu will see that instead. Maybe there is something wrong with the Link CAN1 input on the ecu board. im rather underwhelmed with the CAN input, i read all these great things, but in the end mine requires much work to actually work.  

But for now Im just going to hook it up to the Analog input as thats easier, and more likely to work. Could you please direct me how to hook up via analog, and what i need to achieve this?

5 hours ago, 96Evo4.5 said:

Maybe there is something wrong with the Link CAN1 input on the ecu board.

Both CAN ports are tested for several hours as part of the burn in test.  Both were working before the ecu shipped and they are pretty difficult to damge.  

Analog connection is more critical than CAN since it is sensative to ground offset, it might be time to get someone else involved that has some wiring experience.  

you may be right, I'll talk to my tuner to see if he will need extra time to diagnose this issue. He was trying to suggest that i do that to take one less thing off his list of things that need to get done is a fairly tight time schedule. However it seems as tho i can not get this issue sorted myself.