26/30 idle g4+ ecu

jimmylemon

Hey guys,

26/30 in a r32 gtr.  Idle will just drop off randomly and stall.

Like you can set the idle set screw, will idle fine, then clutch in coming to a stop, it will start idling fine the just stall out of nowhere. Siemens 2400cc inj.

I think it's had some trigger errors also.

Logs and current tune:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHRVnwxDzLUj1QHcczZngRSirZ4?e=yFzcY1

So just wanted to get an idea of what trigger is having issues, and what might be causing the idle to just die. Log1 and 2 should show trigger issues, but 3 i moved one of the connectors I was sus on, and it ran fine after that. Going to re-wire that part tonight and it should be good.

I'm starting it again with a bit of throttle (only way it will start) which is fine, but I just don't want it stalling at every single light I pull up at.

Cheers.

There are a combination of things at play I think.

1.  The injectors are really too big and they are designed for P&H drivers so with only ~1.7ms PW at idle they are likely going to be acting fairly erratic.  You can see sometimes your idle lambda is ~1.2 before CLL corrects it, other times it is 0.9.  You could try bumping up the minimum effective PW setting in the main fuel settings a little at a time until it just sits a little richer at idle - say 0.95ish.  That may help it be a little less erratic.

2.  Alternator is not working? (batt Voltage only ~12.5V) this will mean injectors are even more erratic.

3.  Fan 2 was set at 0 and cutting on/off for some reason which was adding/removing the fan step to the idle valve all the time.  I have raised that to 120 and put fan step to 0 so it should solve that.  

4.  TP needs to be calibrated or fixed, it doesnt return to zero.  This will prevent CL idle and idle ign working reliably. I have put large TP lockouts in the attached map but that will cause other drivability issues so best to fix the TP. 

5.  Most of your logs have idle ignition off, 1 shows it on but it doesnt look like it was set up correctly - it would dip ign timing to zero when idle was already below target.  So in the attached map I have re-enabled it and done a basic set-up that works ok for most.

6.  I have changed idle to closed loop.  Do another log and we will see if this is a good idea or not.

7.  I have change idle target lambda to 0.95, as per #1 you may have to tweak the min eff PW so that lambda reliably sits near that by itself without any CLL.  It may not be possible with these injectors.  

8.  Im not quite sure what the purpose of the -10 top row in the 4D fuel table is?  That is potentially making your idle lambda more erratic too?  

Lastly, yes you do have a couple of big trigger errors in one log - it does look like what I would expect from a loose connection so you may have solved it.  Give us some trigger scopes if not.  

newtune idle revision 1.pclr