Clarification for CANbus 1 or 2 with TST205X

PeterHay205

Hi - just planning how to connect our Powertune dash to a TST205X we have just started using.

According to the G4X Extreme quick start guide, CAN 2 is shared with DI9 and DI10. Given we have a plug-in, I'd prefer not to use CAN 2, as we then couldn't use DI9 & 10 as digital inputs (spare DIs are a bit scarse on a plug-in).

According to the TST205X manual, we can use CAN1, but should probably chop off the Grey and Yellow RS-232 wires so they don't accidentally act as an aerial. 

Is my understanding correct?

image.png.1d5ecc6d00036e917a29508ecc0682fb.png

3 hours ago, PeterHay205 said:

According to the G4X Extreme quick start guide, CAN 2 is shared with DI9 and DI10.

That is the xtreme wire-in ECU - this is only done due to the pin count (i.e no spare pins to have both).  It is not a restriction on the plug-in - if your ECU has pns for both DI9/10 and CAN2 then you can use them both together.  

The comment about CAN 1 RS232 Im pretty sure is a left over from the G4+ manual and only applies to G4+, G4X has a separate serial port that wont interrupt PC comms so dont worry about that.