Subaru EZ30 Wiring

plox

Hi all

I'm wanting to run EZ30 wasted spark due to running on a v3/4 plug in (only 4 ignition outputs).

From what I can find the firing order is 163254. I'm assuming this should be wired Ign 1 - cylinders 1 & 2, Ign 2 - cylinders 6 & 5  and Ign 3 - cylinders 3 & 4. Can anyone confirm?

• plox changed the title to Subaru EZ30 Wiring

Thanks for that.

Next question, can the temp sensor shown on the factory wiring diagrams could work with the link? (I've got a spare AN temp input)

I assume finding the correct calibration would be the hard part.

ez30r oil temp wiring.jpg

• 1 month later...

Another question, I'm having a few trigger issues. No trigger scope due to only g4. I'm still trying to set the trigger offset, but I thought it would start and run long enough to calibrate.

I have had the car started and idled a coupe of times but the RPM jumped around erratically and it was hitting rpm cut (killing the engine) even when I set the rpm limit to 10000.

I've wired the crank with shielding, but not shielded the two cam position sensors (as per the above, they aren't shielded in the factory loom). The link manual suggests these should be shielded, could this be causing a trigger sync error?

Unlikely a shielding issue at idle - that would only be a possibility at high RPM/high loads when there is lots of emi etc.  You are really going to need to find someone with a scope to get that solved.  Preferably a two channel scope so you can get trig 1 & 2 together, but one a a time would be better than nothing.  

Or do you maybe know anyone with a G4+ or G4X you can borrow to run a triggerscope?

Is the crank sensor wired like this:

8zalx4Q.png

Cheers for the quick response. I'll check the crank wiring first.

I've got a couple of plug ins g4+'s but not to suit this model, could manually wire 12v earth and triggers only. Mate has a monsoon G4X I may be able to borrow & I've got a spare A (& b) loom which would be the easiest.

Swapping crank wiring around seems to have sorted the trigger issues, must have been looking at the plug the wrong way when wiring originally. Now only getting a few trigger errors after a fair few times of starting. Runs then dies but seems more like a cold start issue. Can check trigger offset now.

Thanks for your help!