evo 9 VVT wont work

StijnFSP

hi,

i have a evo 9 with a fresh engine checked cam sensors over and over can make the di active with a piece of iron infront of the sensor but it wont see the cam engine has kelford cams i added the file when i do the calibration it says 0 on al 4 cam angle points i copied the points in the file from the old engine but it doesnt work any ideas swapped inputs on the ecu etc for testing but nothing

evo 9 rood 1.5 bar 2.3liter.pclx

Your setup all looks fine.  That would suggest either there is no signal at all when it is running, or possibly there is a signal but it is not crossing one of the voltage thresholds.  The fact it shows active with metal in front of the sensor with the engfine off suggests it is meeting the thresholds at that time, but there may be something like a large ground offset when its running or something that prevents it.  The signal needs to rise above about 1.8V and fall below 1.0V so it is generally pretty foolproof.  

G4X triggerscope captures DI1-4, but if it shows Inactive all the time then the scope is going to show nothing either.

Do you have an osciloscope or a powerprobe?

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your setup all looks fine.  That would suggest either there is no signal at all when it is running, or possibly there is a signal but it is not crossing one of the voltage thresholds.  The fact it shows active with metal in front of the sensor with the engfine off suggests it is meeting the thresholds at that time, but there may be something like a large ground offset when its running or something that prevents it.  The signal needs to rise above about 1.8V and fall below 1.0V so it is generally pretty foolproof.  

G4X triggerscope captures DI1-4, but if it shows Inactive all the time then the scope is going to show nothing either.

Do you have an osciloscope or a powerprobe?

but also the ground and power are the same as the trigger on, the exhaust cam and thats just fine 

Since you have a scope that would be a good test, connect the ground clip to the engine and the probe to the cam signal wire while running and give us a photo of the waveform.  Some of the power probes a have a "waveform" function which give you a very basic scope type trace on screen with just min and max voltage reported.

so i tessted few thing with the scope i just have a flat line ...

i tested with another sensor out of the engine and i got 5 v when nothing is infront of it so it looks like the sensor contantly sees iron because i have a 0.1V signial in the engine  checked the trigger and it looks fine i'm going to ask another custumor to pass by so i can check his trigger if its diffrent in distance