ECU doesn't store fault codes?

BlakeR33

Hi guys, does a Link G4+ not store fault codes from the engine light coming on? 

It was coming on over 5500rpm, but not hitting a boost cut or anything. Obviously as soon as I saw it, I got out of it. 

Left car running when I got home and plugged my laptop into it, but I couldn't find anything stored in the ecu? 

Any ideas? 

Cheers. 

It does store over power cycles but I would suspect that your engine light isn't actually controlled by CE function, the G4+ GTR/GTS sample maps had the CE Light turn on when Coolant temp or MAP went too high so have a quick look in your map to see what is actually controlling it.

16 hours ago, Vaughan said:

It does store over power cycles but I would suspect that your engine light isn't actually controlled by CE function, the G4+ GTR/GTS sample maps had the CE Light turn on when Coolant temp or MAP went too high so have a quick look in your map to see what is actually controlling it.

It turns out it was overboost causing the engine light to come on, it was under the limit for boostcut but was over the boost target. 

Strange how the ecu doesn't store that data though so you can find out what the light was for. 

if that's what it was, then based on Vaughan's post it's not a fault, it's a user configurable output based on a set of conditions, that just so happens to be configured to turn on the output that the CEL is also connected to - doubling up the usage of that physical output to denote multiple things.