Relationship between Charge Temp Approx. Table & IAT Fuel Trims, Modeled Fuel Equation mode

Pete_89t2

Please help me understand the relationship between the Charge Temp Approximation table, and the IAT Fuel trim, when operating in the Modeled Fuel Equation mode.

According to the help file block diagrams for Modeled Fuel Equation, the Charge Temp Approximation table is one of the required inputs that results in the "Air Charge Estimate" output, which in turn is an input to the Fuel Mass Calculation block, which outputs the "Fuel Mass to Inject".

Based on this, is my understanding correct that if I'm using Modeled Fuel Equation mode, and I have a good IAT sensor & measurement, and I input correct data into the Charge Temp Approximation table, I can turn off/zero the IAT Trim Table, and not worry about the impact of changes in IAT/charge temps on lambda/AFR?

Is the IAT Fuel Trim function/table just there simply to give the tuner who uses Traditional Fuel mode the option to trim fuel to IATs when he doesn't want to mess with populating a charge temp approx. table?

Thanks in advance!

IAT fuel trim was used before VE mode became a thing on links a few years ago. It's still there as an option for anyone running traditional mode (although you can use charge temp approx with traditional thes days)

If you are running charge temp table then you can turn IAT fuel trim off in most cases.