Crank and cam trigger issues

Rudi

Hi 

I am a first time user of the Link Thunder, after using a few other ECU's in the past.

I have fitted the Thunder to a Chrysler Hemi 6.4 L V8, I have everything working Electronic throttle all sensors etc. I cannot get an RPM Signal, there is nothing happening on the trigger scope either. I have checked the wiring from the crank and cam sensors back to the ECU and all is correct, If I connect a separate scope to each sensor I get a scope waveform signal.

Could there be a configuration issue as I have gone through them a few times and do not seem to find a setup issue.

Regards 

Rudi

Hi Rudi,

I have moved your post to the G4+ section.  

When you do the triggerscope, make sure you only click the capture button while the engine is cranking.  Many new users make the mistake of clicking capture before the engine is cranking so you only capture the signals when the engine isnt turning.  

Can you attach a copy of your current tune.  

I would also suggest having a look at the runtimes screen while cranking, triggers/limits tab as below (F12 to get this screen).  If there is a pulsing signal coming in the trig1 & trig2 signal runtimes will turn green and say yes (even if the wrong trigger pattern) - this will at least confirm there is a signal reaching the ecu pins.  Also check the engine kill and ecu hold power down the bottom of the screen are off, I think both of these can block the trigger.  

x1lxowj.png

Can you update the ecu to the latest firmware, yours is on a very old verion from like 2016 which is before my time but I do remember there was one earlier version where the triggerscope was a bit flaky in the Thunder.  5.6.8 is the current firmware version.

Can you also confirm you are clicking the capture button while the engine is cranking.