Evo 6 Switchable Mapping Options

Dave Clark

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm looking at having some mapping work done in the next few weeks.  I'm looking at what switchable options people are using, by this I mean Anti-Lag, Launch, low boost map etc etc 
Many Thanks

Sorry if its a silly question.

All of these are possible. I suggest you download and install PCLink (if you've not done so already), open it up, open an Evo base map, then also open the Help file, and start looking at the options and the help file.

The Help file provided with these ECUs is the best sets of documentation I've ever seen - not only does it tell you how the software works, but also gives you help and advice on tuning, engine electrical systems and ECUs in general.

6 minutes ago, Confused said:

All of these are possible. I suggest you download and install PCLink (if you've not done so already), open it up, open an Evo base map, then also open the Help file, and start looking at the options and the help file.

The Help file provided with these ECUs is the best sets of documentation I've ever seen - not only does it tell you how the software works, but also gives you help and advice on tuning, engine electrical systems and ECUs in general.

Brilliant thank you, I'll do that. Although I won't be touching the mapping it's nice to understand some basics.
Also interested in what options others are using :)

You should certainly make yourself familiar with how PCLink works, the forums here can provide you a lot of support and assistance, and will save you having to go back to a tuner every time you want to make a minor change!

I would also make sure that you tell the tuner up front that you want full access to the ECU's configuration/tune when they have completed their work and you do not want it locked - if they are unwilling to to do so, then respectfully tell them to cancel your appointment, and that you'll go elsewhere! :D

1 minute ago, Confused said:

You should certainly make yourself familiar with how PCLink works, the forums here can provide you a lot of support and assistance, and will save you having to go back to a tuner every time you want to make a minor change!

I would also make sure that you tell the tuner up front that you want full access to the ECU's configuration/tune when they have completed their work and you do not want it locked - if they are unwilling to to do so, then respectfully tell them to cancel your appointment, and that you'll go elsewhere! :D

I'm all good on that front mate, my mapper is golden. :)

You can set up a number of switch options with the OEM Intercooler Spray switch if you still have it?

If not, adding a couple of toggle switches for boost and ALS is the best option.

Personally I set Launch as "on" with a Virtual Aux using water temp and throttle as conditions, but set it to be always on when these are true. Frees up a switch and really there is no harm in having a lower "stationary" rev limit / 2 step constantly active.