No ignition or injector output from ECU

J25GTi

Hiya,

Trying to do the first start on my Subaru Impreza V3/4 PNP ecu.

Brief spec -

2.1 stroker engine, with AVCS.

Using a newage crank trigger wheel, 2 wire cam sensors. JTinnovation expansion loom for the solenoids etc all wired to the expansion loom on the link.

Oil press, temp, water temp, IAT, Link can wideband, and 4 bar map sensor, 3 port boost solenoid.

I have put a base map on and altered the settings to suit where i think they need to be.

I can test the injectors using the test function and they work correctly, but the ECU will not enable them when trying to start. 

Ignition test does not appear to work, but I beleive this to be an ECU issue as i have tested continuity from the coils back to the ECU and it bells out okay? I have attached a log and my map, hopefully someone has some ideas!

initial-new-2.pclr Log 2021-04-17 11;09;01 am.llg

Couple of things:
1)
Your have not configured your MAP sensor. Go to map sensor calibration and set it up. 

2)
You have no IAT sensor connected, or your wiring for it is bad as the IAT sensor is showing 5v for longer than it should and going into an error state.

Once this happens the ECU defaults the IAT to its error state and shows 100C. In turn this is causing a fuel & ignition trim which won't help you with starting. 

To get the car started you can swap AN TEMP 1 function from MAF IAT to IAT, but ideally a dedicated IAT sensor near inlet is required.

3)

Can you provide more details on which coils you are using? The help file for V3/V4 Subaru P&P kit states the following for ignition coil wiring

If your ignition outputs are not working whilst testing, then I'd take another look at wiring. 

image.thumb.png.eb4d7175a61315c72597e252027deaff.png

20 hours ago, 0x33 said:

Couple of things:
1)
Your have not configured your MAP sensor. Go to map sensor calibration and set it up. 

2)
You have no IAT sensor connected, or your wiring for it is bad as the IAT sensor is showing 5v for longer than it should and going into an error state.

Once this happens the ECU defaults the IAT to its error state and shows 100C. In turn this is causing a fuel & ignition trim which won't help you with starting. 

To get the car started you can swap AN TEMP 1 function from MAF IAT to IAT, but ideally a dedicated IAT sensor near inlet is required.

3)

Can you provide more details on which coils you are using? The help file for V3/V4 Subaru P&P kit states the following for ignition coil wiring

If your ignition outputs are not working whilst testing, then I'd take another look at wiring. 

image.thumb.png.eb4d7175a61315c72597e252027deaff.png

Thanks for your reply.

I will alter the IAT and map sensor, this is just a config issue on the map so I'll resolve that.

The coil pack conversion is this, it plugs in in place of the standard igniter/coil assembly and we now run coil on plug which is permenant 12v, ground and a trigger, we haven't altered any wiring and this set up did work on an Alcatek ECU previously -

https://jti.uk.com/product/subaru-coilpack-conversion-loom/

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

If there is no spark when using the ignition test function then there is a wiring problem.  Has the original igniter been bypassed?

Yes it has been bypassed. I've done a continuity check on the trigger wire back to the ECU and it is continuous. 

I will recheck the wiring again today.

However, wiring issue aside, when cranking, the ECU is not enabling the injector or ignition output in the configuration screen where fuel pump status changes from off-on and goes green etc, these don't.

3 hours ago, Innov8ion said:

However, wiring issue aside, when cranking, the ECU is not enabling the injector or ignition output in the configuration screen where fuel pump status changes from off-on and goes green etc, these don't.

That is normal, the Aux fuel/Aux Ign runtimes only shows status of Aux type functions - such as fuel pump, they will just show off when used for injection or ignition.  

On 4/19/2021 at 10:30 AM, Adamw said:

That is normal, the Aux fuel/Aux Ign runtimes only shows status of Aux type functions - such as fuel pump, they will just show off when used for injection or ignition.  

Thanks!

I resolved this, the ignition output was reversed so it was firing the wrong plugs, then it still wouldnt start but i realised i had not put and scaling on the injectors. so we got it started! Thanks everyone