AEM uego driving me nuts

MarcusV

I have the newest version of the Uego which was bought a few weeks ago. I´ve tried the predefined calibration table without luck and then started to experiment with the linear table to get it right. I still can´t rely on it at all, especially under load the logs are way off. Is there any method to solve this issue without the effort of manually measuring the 0-5V output of the Uego in every possible situation? I´d imagine something this popular should have the information readily available.

PC Datalog - 2021-04-17 8;09;52 pm.llgx stealth mgp 1.0.pclx

What specific device do you have?  Does it have an analog ground?  Where do you have it grounded?

Your cal doesnt look correct at all - you have it starting at 0.933 Lambda at zero volts.  Surely it can read below 0.93Lambda - it would be no use for tuning if it didnt?

It's the X-series AEM Uego, P/N 30-0300 with a Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor. Bought new from the dealer and installed simultaneously with the Link. I've connected it to the expansion connector AN Volt 5 and it's signal ground. 

I do know the calibration lacks sense on paper, it was done by trying to match the AEM gauge and the pc links lambda 1 reading on idle and reving without load. It's the only way I was able to datalog and adjust the lower fuel map.

The attached picture shows calibration suggested by the AEM manual, it's end result is way off the what the gauge shows in every part of the map.

Screenshot_20210416-093040.png

You realise you have your stoichometric ratio set to 12.0 in the software right?  According to the manual for that controller it displays AFR using a stoichometric ratio of 14.65.  So you either need to set PC Link to match or use lambda as the AEM instructions suggest.

wjovV1B.png

The Stoicnometric ratio setting will only effect displayed AFR, not lambda.  So if you are using lambda on the gauge and in PC link then that setting will have little consequence.  

If you set the calibration back to the built in X-series calibration can you give me a couple of examples of the Lambda displayed on the gauge Vs  Lambda in PC link.  

So the AEM white wire is connected to AN5 on the expansion harness?  And the AEM brown wire is connected to sensor ground?  Your log shows AN Volt 5 at 0.15V most of the time which according to the AEM manual isnt possible, so it suggests the gauge is faulty.

According to my notes, the brown wire was connected to the green wire of the expansion connector 1 and the white wire to the blue wire of that connector.

I guess it could be possible that it is faulty, though the gauge itself works fine. What I find strange is that it does respond well to the changes of the calibration table, so it could be adjustable.

Damn it, this was totally my bad. I've mixed my wires because both looms had same colours. Your basic Uego table is spot on. Sorry for barking the wrong tree. This was the last loose end I needed to tie with my new ecu.

You've been helpful and your product is great, I'll make sure it gains some popularity in my platform too.  Thanks!