PC Link and Firmware 6.20 released

Adamw

21 hours ago, pugsparked said:

Hello, the RPM Limit Table 2 can be registered when it is active? If not possible, it could be added in the next update

I will add this to the list as a feature to consider.  

On 4/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, pugsparked said:

Hello, the RPM Limit Table 2 can be registered when it is active? If not possible, it could be added in the next update

Thinking about this when I was writing up the task last night - cant you just log the status of whatever you have set for the table 2 activation?

17 hours ago, Adamw said:

Thinking about this when I was writing up the task last night - cant you just log the status of whatever you have set for the table 2 activation?

I am using RPM Limit Table 2 for AFR protection.
When you activate RPM Limit 2 I know because the limitation is at 2k rpm, but the log does not differentiate between rpm limit 1 and 2. Differentiated would have saved 5 minutes in remote tune to diagnose the cause :D

Attached capture with RPM Limit 2 activated:
When RPM Limit 1 is activated (fuel cut) it activates RPM Limit 2, solved with the virtual condition RPM Limit Inactive.

Link RPM LIMIT 2.png

The same thing happens with E-Throttle Target 1-2-3, I have 2 ALS configurations and in the logs you cannot tell which one is being used if not because you look at the %TPS, for example

Also when upgrading from 6.21 to 6.22 the ALS stopped working, if the customer downgrades to 6.21 the ALS works again. I'm not sure if it's a bug in this new version or the update didn't work properly, but the Paddle shift setting is available when you update to the latest version...

5 hours ago, pugsparked said:

Also when upgrading from 6.21 to 6.22 the ALS stopped working, if the customer downgrades to 6.21 the ALS works again. I'm not sure if it's a bug in this new version or the update didn't work properly, but the Paddle shift setting is available when you update to the latest version...

What exactly stopped working with the Anti Lag in 6.22? is it not activating? can you describe or show what issues you are having with it?

5 hours ago, pugsparked said:

I am using RPM Limit Table 2 for AFR protection.
When you activate RPM Limit 2 I know because the limitation is at 2k rpm, but the log does not differentiate between rpm limit 1 and 2. Differentiated would have saved 5 minutes in remote tune to diagnose the cause :D

Attached capture with RPM Limit 2 activated:
When RPM Limit 1 is activated (fuel cut) it activates RPM Limit 2, solved with the virtual condition RPM Limit Inactive.

can you attach a copy of your tune so I can see exactly what you are doing with your rpm limits please.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:03 PM, wastegate said:

Looks like this little annoying bug is still in 6.22.25

Have fixed this, fix will be in the next release.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:58 AM, pugsparked said:

Found and fixed this issue with the AL, fix will be in the next release.

11 hours ago, koracing said:

Small suggestion: Alternator control to me would seem more at home in the chassis and body rather than aux outputs?  Maybe it's just me but that's the first place I looked for it.

Have made it be in both locations now, will be in the next release.

I just got my new FuryX this week and been playing with it on bench. I have Vipec V88 that I’m going to retire from the car and I’ve been copying the main settings.

First thing I did was the firmware update. Everything went smoothly except the ”Not responding” on firmware updater window before the green bar started to move. But when I had been copying settings for couple of hours, did the store and powercycle, the G4X software gave some funny notification after powercycle and the ecu didn’t come back online. Did the powercycle again and restarted the software. For some reason I went to firmware upgrader to see what that one says and got the attached message

Is this a bug or should I be worried? Otherwise everything is working at least on the bench. Can’t test it on the car until I have time to do few wiring changes because V88 and FuryX are not directly with same pinout. I was going to purchase the XtremeX that would have been 100% match on wiring but there was longer delivery time.

gonna copy Vanos and ignition tables and all the sensor calibrations from the Vipec and I also copied the VE tables to have some kind of starting point for the tune.

Edit: That message in the Firmware updater stays there always, no matter how many times I do the store or powercycle

8F646990-B73F-4C47-8849-F9FAB6BDE5A5.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Hi 

Have just updated to 6.22.13 on my G4X Monsoon

Checked timing calibration changed from 348 to -11 engine now won't start fires just won't catch if I return to 348 it just backfires 

When calibration of trigger checked timing locked to 0 deg which is bang on tdc and cams both line up to tdc timing marks at -11 as it did previously at 348

now not starting 

Thank You for any help

11 hours ago, merctec said:

Checked timing calibration changed from 348 to -11 engine now won't start fires just won't catch if I return to 348 it just backfires 

Can you post your tune.  Do you know what firmware you were on before the upgrade?  The only update where where trigger stuff was changed that could effect offset was when updating from 6.19 or earlier to 6.20 or later.  And that change could only make a max 1 crank tooth difference and only affected some specific trigger modes.   So I suspect you have some other issue that just coincided with the update.  

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Can you post your tune.  Do you know what firmware you were on before the upgrade?  The only update where where trigger stuff was changed that could effect offset was when updating from 6.19 or earlier to 6.20 or later.  And that change could only make a max 1 crank tooth difference and only affected some specific trigger modes.   So I suspect you have some other issue that just coincided with the update.  

Not sure what firmware i was on  Simon has a copy of my tune and maps from a previous request 25548 about intermittent cutting out and wont restart 

Thats what i thought at the time but could never get it to fail away from an event hence why i replaced the trigger 1 and changed the power supply and made it 12v instead of the original 5v and rewired to the link loom too 

I will run a trigger scope tonight already have checked it looked ok both had signals also checked individual spark at plugs and injector assignment test too all ok

one question what does it mean in the set up examples on the help tab not to have trigger 1 and 2 in the same window  

2 hours ago, merctec said:

one question what does it mean in the set up examples on the help tab not to have trigger 1 and 2 in the same window 

Would need to see the specific comment you are referring to - but it sounds like you might be reading a comment about multitooth mode where you want the trigger 2 tooth roughly centered between two trigger 1 teeth - if trig 2 occur too close to trig 1 with this trigger mode then they could cross over each other when there is some backlash in the cam drive system (and this will shift the timing unexpectedly).  With missing tooth triggers it is not important.  

Hi 

Checked trigger scope has pattern for both trigger 1 said no signal at the top lh corner checked power earth and signal for voltage and continuity all ok checked there was no dropping of earth or power while cranking is ok checked air gap is ok had another cherry sensor put that on as before has pattern but no signal 

gave ecu a tap re checked trigger signal and engine started ran for a minute or so and cut out had both signals cranked again just backfired checked trigger signal now trigger 2 is no signal checked a few times again and either trigger 1 is no signal or trigger 2 both have patterns but one or the other have no signal 

20220905_173253.jpg

Hi System, won't let me send any more pictures 

My biggest concern is i have a rally this Saturday 

One potential problem you have there is the trigger 2 edge occurs at almost the same time as the "sync tooth 2" that you have specified, it may potentially cross over that edge under some conditions.  

Change the sync tooth setting to 15 so it is well away from where the cam tooth occurs, then try your 2 offsets again, 348 or -12.  Both will show the timing is correct, but only one will actually allow it run.  

Hi Adam

Gave that a try got it started on -12 348 back fires when idling it dies when throttle opened after a bit it would rev up keeps running rough then stalls  re starts but mostly cranks fires and cuts out or just cranks if i do a trigger scope have 2 patterns, but one will say no signal or no signal on both but have pattern, when idling put timing light on marks line up but light cuts out and in as it misfires feels a lot like it did when cutting out at rallies kinda think that intermittent issue is now more prominent dont have an oscilloscope to run on it to see if triggers are dropping out, when it stalled with timing light on light went off then engine cut out sending on the statistics it rpm reads 13123rpm which i have saw before when it played up think it was 17000 the stats give weird totals sometimes log files to the link email address