PC Link and Firmware 6.20 released

Adamw

Hi guys, just downloaded the v6.23.15 and noticed in the release note:

Added new 'Link CAN Gauge Extra' CAN mode for transmitting existing extra values and new values added in Gauge App version 2.1.8.1.

this version is still not available through the Apple Store but I’m setting my ecu to be ready.. 
i set another Channel in the can setup to Link CAN Gauge Extra, what are the other settings? 20 hz and what ID?

thanks

I believe the Android version of the gaugeart app is already available if you know someone with an android phone or tablet you can borrow.  The new Extra stream has 3 GP temps as requested for your EGT's, as well as all 8 CAN TC's, a couple of GP pressures, 2 math blocks (can basically send anything you like as a math block), 2 digital GP inputs, driven & driving wheel speed, "knock level detected", fuel consumption and all the others that were previously in the .lcs extra streams.  

Set up below.

qR3aIMv.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, k fuku said:

Today, the symptoms appeared again, so I will report them.

1)Laptop connection
2) Ignition ON 
(3) Check online with PCLINK
Rename the ECU data and save it on the laptop.
(Do not write to link ecu)
(5) Turn off the ignition. 
(Confirm complete shutdown)

6) The ECU does not start up even if the ignition is turned on.
(The operation check LED does not light up.)

The symptom does not appear every time for sure.
(It happened about twice out of 10 times.)

Same with you.

After update to 6.20

When you switch off/on very fast,  ecu will not function,  laptop also disconnected 

Turn off around few seconds and turn on will work again

On 9/26/2022 at 9:22 AM, 7KIT said:

Same with you.

After update to 6.20

When you switch off/on very fast,  ecu will not function,  laptop also disconnected 

Turn off around few seconds and turn on will work again

This sounds more like a bootloader problem, not related to the firmware.  Unfortunately the bootloader update needs to be done at Link head office, it cant be performed by the end user.  Contact [email protected] if you want to arrange.   

• 3 weeks later...

4age20v.  

Trigger Error after update fw,

Idle at 1000rpm randomly misfire/fuel cut(5min 2time)

Max eng speed 34013 at idle

20221018_053948-01.thumb.jpeg.175c7d870a4ae0373d92bac629f94f90.jpeg

I have 2 atomx  , Just update to the latest fw, there will be problems

trigger filtering set to level 2, can solve this problem 

Same setting on G4+ is fine

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 18:37, SimonSTI said:

Comentarios rápidos de que el problema que tuve con la conexión USB parece solucionarse con esta actualización. Usando una tableta Surface Go 2 con un conector USB-C. Se estaba congelando bajo carga antes de tirar con fuerza.

hello
I am using a PC with window 10 for my G4X subaru sti 2006, I do not use a tablet, since I updated in November to 6.23.6 pclink freezes when I want to make a log, it freezes when I reach approximately 1.4-1.6 bar, it doesn't matter If it is second speed as if it is in fourth speed, I reconnect with F3 and an error appears reporting to verify connection......serial cable.....etc, I disconnect USB from the PC and reconnect to the same port and It already connects to me, but I still can't make a proper log, the same thing happens to me in every log.
Is it possible that I have to set the connection speed to slow? I have configured in fast connection
Can anybody help me?
Thanks a lot

pantallazo.png

3 hours ago, Josete said:

hola
estoy usando una pc con windows 10 para mi subaru sti 2006 g4x, no uso tablet, ya que actualice en noviembre a 6.23.6 pclink se congela cuando quiero hacer log, se congela cuando llego a 1.4- aproximadamente 1.6 bar, no importa si es segunda velocidad como si es en cuarta velocidad, vuelvo a conectar con F3 y aparece un error informando para verificar conexión......cable serie.....etc, desconecto USB de la PC y vuelva a conectar al mismo puerto y ya me conecta, pero sigo sin poder hacer un registro adecuado, me pasa lo mismo en todos los registros.
¿Es posible que tenga que configurar la velocidad de conexión a baja? He configurado en conexión rápida
¿Alguien puede ayudarme?
Muchas gracias

pantallazo.png

Hola,correcto,e cambiado en configuración la velocidad de conexión a lenta y ya puedo hacer registros correctamente 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2022 at 14:45, Josete said:

Hola,correcto,e cambiado en configuración la velocidad de conexión a lenta y ya puedo hacer registros correctamente 

hello, it only worked for a short time, I keep having problems recording, I notice that when I start recording, the communication speed is around 20-25hz, after approximately 10 seconds, the speed drops to around 7hz and with a knife engine load my communication freezes, losing connection with Link.
I see in the recording the same parameters as with previous fireware, about 11-13 parameters.
If I start accelerating at the beginning of activating the recording, it gives me time to make the recording.
It happens to me since I updated the fireware, and tried to install old fireware but PC Link does not recognize the maps to open, I have been reprogramming for a short time, I still lack domain experience.
I need help please .

You dont have a firmware problem.  It sounds like you potentially have two issues. 

Firstly I would contact [email protected] to confirm whether your ecu has the updated USB circuit, if it is an old one then sending it back for the USB update may help. 

Losing connection at high loads is generally due to EMI interfering with the USB coms.  As cylinder pressure increases the spark voltage increases dramatically, as an example on a modern COP engine you may have say 1-2000V at idle, compared to 20-40000V at peak torque.  So there is a lot more potential to generate EMI at high loads.  There are many strategies the factory uses to minimise EMI, it typically it involves keeping the return path back to the secondary coil as direct as possible, often some type of suppressor on the power supply and things like resistor spark plugs etc.   So these are the first things to check, make sure spark plugs are resistor type, check all engine grounds are present and clean with low resistance/voltage drop, if there is a factory suppressor then test it or replace it.  Check all the terminals on the coils are tight - the terminals on subaru coils are well known for losing their spring tension and making bad contact. 

For the low "communication speed" - the "Hz" at the top right of the screen is actually the screen redraw rate.  It will be effected by bad coms, but it is typically more related to the laptop power and graphics drivers.  It should typically be around 45-60Hz depending on how much stuff you have set up on the page.  If yours is always low - even with the engine not running then I would consider it more a laptop problem.  If it is fast/normal with the engine not running but drops to 7Hz only when the engine is running then we would lean more towards a coms issue.  Do you know anyone with a completely different laptop you can try?   

Thank Adam 

Let's see what the technicians can tell you about that USB update, thank you very much.
Yes, I have a good tuner friend, I will ask you to connect us with your PC.

Muchas gracias por very fast answer!

hace 4 horas, gorto88 dijo:

Hola,

al instalar el software PCLink actualizado, ¿generalmente solo copia y pega sus calibraciones, diseños, etc. en la nueva versión de instalación y desinstalación anterior?

Saludos,
ryan

hace 4 horas, gorto88 dijo:

Hola,

al instalar el software PCLink actualizado, ¿generalmente solo copia y pega sus calibraciones, diseños, etc. en la nueva versión de instalación y desinstalación anterior?

Saludos,
ryan

Hello

When I update fireware I do not make any changes to my map, all the tables appear the same to me, in connection settings I think they also appear the same. I have tried a new added ground and the same speed failure continues, my PC USB updates have been checked and they seem to have the most recent ones. I still have to test with another PC. After all this, I would have to replace spark plugs, I think. Thank you for your interest, guys

In case it helps, I had to turn off Lambda CL because looking at the AFR I was decreasing fuel in the Long-term settings table when I really needed to increase fuel, and every time it was working with poorer AFR causing driving failures