2GR-FE Wiring

DO1023

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of help here as I'm new to wiring. 

VVTi Solenoids : Each of these ( f/r intake, f/r exhaust ) Pin 2 of each connector goes to  the ecu. Where on the ECU should each of these go and what should I configure that I/O for? Pin 1 goes to a switched power?

Cam Sensors: Each of these ( f/r intake , f/r exhaust ) Pin 1 goes to the ecu . Would these go to trig 1-4? . Pin 2 goes to ground and pin 3 to +5v?

Crank Sensor:  Pin 1 goes to ecu ( where? ) Pin 2 goes to ecu (where?)

Which of these is necessary to have shielded wire? 

This is the document I've been referencing.

Thanks all!

21 minutes ago, DO1023 said:

VVTi Solenoids : Each of these ( f/r intake, f/r exhaust ) Pin 2 of each connector goes to  the ecu. Where on the ECU should each of these go and what should I configure that I/O for? Pin 1 goes to a switched power?

one pin to switched power, one to an Aux, doesn't matter which way around the pins are, I used Aux1-4 but any of Aux1-10 and any spare inj or ign pins will suit from memory.

Cam Sensors: Each of these ( f/r intake , f/r exhaust ) Pin 1 goes to the ecu . Would these go to trig 1-4? . Pin 2 goes to ground and pin 3 to +5v?

I ran Bank 1 Inlet (rear bank) to Trigger 2 and used DI1-3 for the other 3 banks, DI4 can be also be used but you do need to connect Trig2 to one of the cams.

Crank Sensor:  Pin 1 goes to ecu ( where? ) Pin 2 goes to ecu (where?)

I can't remember which way round I wired it but one of the crank pins to Trig 1 and the other to signal ground, it is quite easy to tell from a triggerscope whether or not you have these two the right way around, they do have to be a particular way.

Which of these is necessary to have shielded wire?

I just used the Link Looms so Shielded Trig 1&2 but not the other cam sensors.

I've attached a copy of my basemap from a while ago, my engine has Cams and slightly bumped compression and there are a few other things setup in there like the ECU controlling the temperature gauge and speedo. That being said it should be fine for figuring out the basics and getting the engine started.

2GR 309whp.pclx

Have just realised that this is in the G4+ forum, your setup will be slightly different again if you are using a G4+ but the gist of it is the same

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Be aware also the 2GR cam sensors need a special pull-up wired.  Note from the help file below. 

Good catch, G4+ help manual shows a 2k2 pullup on each of the DIs being used for cam sensors and a 1k pullup on trig2.

5 hours ago, DO1023 said:

So just one of these needs to go to trig2 and the other three can go to Aux 1-4?

The pullups need to go on trig2 (1k) and the 3 DI pins that you use for cam sensors (DI1-3 in my setup, 2k2 pullup on these ones)

Aux1-4 are used for the cam solenoids not the cam sensors.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys - I wanted to clarify something as I'm looking at a map I was given as a base. They have Cam 1 (inlet LH ) going to DI 1. I ran that to Trig 2.

Did I do this incorrectly? Is there a specific way I should configure this in the map?

I ran cam 2 to DI 1

The trigger mode was designed to have the LH intake cam connected to trig 2, so I would stick with that. It is only a matter of changing those two settings in PC link to match your wiring.  It may work the other way but without asking the firmware guys how the sync test is performed in this mode I wouldnt risk it.  

Also if anyone has any info onthe proper wiring of the TPS connector that'd be awesome.

TPS Main and Sub would be the two shielded wires? ( I'm harvesting the previously wired setup which was a VW/Audi TB ) The pedal is wired properly.

TPS main - Pin 5 ( shielded )

TPS Sub - Pin 4 ( shielded )

Pin 2 - 12v+

Pin 1 - Ground

Pin 3 - ????

Pin 6 - ?????

39 minutes ago, DO1023 said:

Hey there - do you guys have any info on how to wire the ACIS valve? I assume Pin 1 to 12v and Pin 2 ecu?

one pin to switched 12V, the other to an Aux, shouldn't matter which way around.

3 minutes ago, DO1023 said:

TPS Main and Sub would be the two shielded wires?

I didn't run shielded wires on mine

4 minutes ago, DO1023 said:

Also if anyone has any info onthe proper wiring of the TPS connector that'd be awesome.

I'll have to remember to look at mine when I get home, they will be tps main, tps sub, +5V, signal ground, Aux 9, Aux 10 bu not sure which goes to which pin

14 minutes ago, DO1023 said:

aux 9 and 10 were tps main and sub

Aux 9 and 10 are the pins that physically drive the motor in the throttle body, TPS Main and Sub each need to be an An Volt

Looking at old pictures it looks like from the top down I have one of the TPS pins, +5V, the other TPS, signal ground and then Aux 9 & 10.

This lines up with the Toyota 3UR-FE pinout as specified in the Help manual.

20190916_181547.jpg

FB_IMG_1579255694747.jpg

Capture.PNG

Another quick one for ya.

AN Volt 9 and An Volt 10.

I had them on previously in my old map for APS Main and APS Sub but using the basemap above as a starting point ( assigning my own I/O and such ), I can't seem to find An Volt 9 and 10..

Is there a setting I need to tick for this?

Thanks!

Sorry missed that bit - an G4+ Xtreme.

the map you see without 10/11 showing was given to me and im using this as my base. Not sure what ecu this was on.

The one with 10/11 showing is my old 3sgte map

Oooo I see. The map thinks its on a Fury. This makes sense. I'll just edit the other map then.

• 5 months later...

Set the aux 6 function to GP output, you then can label it "ACIS" and give it up to 3 conditions to activate.  I dont know the toyota system well, but it is usually just RPM based, something like close at 2800RPM and open again at about 4400RPM.  SwOff Timer at 0.1-0.2 to give it some hysteresis.  Example set up below.  

er6Kjcj.png