Cant change Auxilary input and output functions in Link G4X

Edmund Turner

Hi ,  Need some advice using the Link G4X for the first time. I suspect I am missing the obvious but I cant seem to figure out how to change the auxilary  input and output functions. 

In Link G4+, I could select an inout/output and repurpose this to another function and associated pins. In the G4X, it seems as the functions are locked. Apprecaite advice on how to unlock and change these features.

image.png.539e35ed35763cfec73a8a4aaddd75f9.png

44 minutes ago, Edmund Turner said:

Hi ,  Need some advice using the Link G4X for the first time. I suspect I am missing the obvious but I cant seem to figure out how to change the auxilary  input and output functions. 

In Link G4+, I could select an inout/output and repurpose this to another function and associated pins. In the G4X, it seems as the functions are locked. Apprecaite advice on how to unlock and change these features.

image.png.539e35ed35763cfec73a8a4aaddd75f9.png

I'm having the same problem. I bought an expansion loom and am trying to connect my afr gauge but can't find a tab or option for it.

Hi Vaughan, 

I have a link Fury g4X installed in a BMW S52b32 motor. I used a Fury default map from the G4X software for this application. Motor is up and running and I am now trying to configure additional Auxilary outputs.

My question is; When I select auxilary outputs, I cant change the assigned functions. Example I would like to change IC spray function to AC request. How do I do so in the link G4X? When I go to the Auxilary output pins, I cant change the function here too. There is a padlock icon on it. 

Im sure im missing the obvious but cant seem to find the necessary info in the help files or forum.

I have attached the config for reference.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.0440b9ba1874e2c58628ea0cd0199b29.pngimage.png.62fd8e49332784db65d665b76942e86f.png

Fury BMW e36 S52 default map.pclx

So in G4X instead of going to the pin and telling it what function you want it to do you instead go to the function you want to set up and tell it what pin you want to use. For example if you want to setup the AC Request input you need to go to Chassis and Body -> AC Clutch Control, change Mode to whichever style of AC you want to use and then set the AC Request source to the input you want to be your AC request.

It is a bit different to G4+ but when you get used to it it is a lot faster and easier to use. As an extra bit of useful information double clicking on that locked Function setting when that input or output is being used by a function will take you straight to where it is being used.

Capture.PNG

I have A G4X E36X 7 bar (201-4000) ecu on a turbocharged stock M50B25TU engine

I'm trying to install my Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge analog wire to the expansion loom (101-0106) wire, An volt4, which i believe is the gray wire, but i can't seem to get it to work or read on PC link.

Screenshot (1).png

26 minutes ago, E30eggy215 said:

I have A G4X E36X 7 bar (201-4000) ecu on a turbocharged stock M50B25TU engine

I'm trying to install my Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge analog wire to the expansion loom (101-0106) wire, An volt4, which i believe is the gray wire, but i can't seem to get it to work or read on PC link.

Go to Analog Inputs -> Lambda 1, set Lambda Sensor Control to An Volt 4 and then set the calibration to the appropriate value.

Vaughan, Thanks for your clarification and support. 

And to share for others benefit; my newbie mistake was that I didnt realized you could expand on the GP inputs/ouputs as I was trying to reasssign the existing preloaded functions to other options.

My many thanks for your support. Cheers.

image.png.783ec70b31137f7da6dad89751af8472.png