Drive by wire on link G4 plugin

RPS13180SX

Hi All,

i have a link G4 plugin for my sr20det, it was brought in 2016 from NZEFI, just wondering if that software is able to run a drive by wire throttle system? can the g4 software be upgraded to g4x software to run dbw?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

The module can drive any throttle.  

Adam, I have found my link ecu box and its a link g4 + plugin, does the g4+ have the ability to operate the dbw without needing the e throttle?

Thanks

If we are talking about a S13 or S15 plug-in, then no it still cant operate DBW directly out of the box.  The G4+ plug-in does actually have the hardware onboard but the SR20 plug-ins dont have the nesecary Aux 9/10 pins connected.  

So you have a further option with the G4+:

1. An external E-throttle module as has been discussed above already.
  2. Return the ECU to Link and it can be hand modified with a couple of flying leads added to make Aux 9/10 available for direct connection to a DBW throttle.  You will have to email tech support to get a price to do that as Im a bit out of touch, it used to work out just a little cheaper than the external module.