HONDA B18 trigger errors

ALPerf

Hi all

I have a b18c boosted, running COP with a crankshaft position sensor running off a 32-1 tooth setup, car runs great and pulls hard but is picking up trigger errors, its on a magnetic sensor (2 wire), it also feels a little sluggish off the limiter, it picks up errors here and rpm drops on log 7200-6600 any advice appreciated Thanks Adam

HONDA B18C TURBO 2.llgx

The triggerscope shows nothing, it looks like the engine wasnt running when you done that?   Can you try again, click the capture button while the engine is idling.  One at higher rpm would be useful too.  

There is no limiter active at all in the log.  But your comment "it is sluggish off the limiter" will likely be the decay time, it is quite slow in our default settings.  Turn advanced mode on in the limiter settings and try reducing both the decay times to about 100ms.

hi Adam

it was running it has captured it opens when i open it ill try again, whats your thoughts on log file? it has 3 triggers errors occur when approaching limiter limiter set at 7500 and cuts at 7200 and goes down to 6800,the trigger issues worry me more than limiter as it jumps around aproaching the rev limit changing fuel delivery and ignition values hence me asking about trigger errors  

TriggerScopeLog b18c idle.llgx TriggerScopeLog.llgx HONDA B18C TURBO 2.llgx

Yeah sorry, I just noticed this is a early Monsoon which didnt have the analog trigger scope, so the data I was looking for was not present.  

It is going to be hard to diagnose a high RPM trigger error, you really need a standalone scope and some way to do a scope capture at high RPM when the problem occurs.  Wasted spark ignition can generate lots of electrical noise, so that would be my first thought where the issue is coming from.  Make sure coils are grounded to the cylinder head, make sure spark plugs are resistive type, make sure coils are a genuine OEM and not a cheap clone, make sure coils have the OEM suppressor on the power supply.

just to update 

after closer inspection found crank sensor had a hair line crack on mounting flange allowing it to move a little hence trigger errors, new sensor no errors and perfect response to rpm limit thanks for help Adam