Ignition trim on one cylinder?

AEWON

Hi all, while chasing another fault I stumbled across an ignition trim on  cylinder #2 in the runtime values, it’s a mild SR20DET that’s been recently tuned (not by me)  but any reason a -1.5 trim would only be on cylinder #2? Normal? Didn’t want to bug the tuner as I don’t want to be picking, so figured I’d ask on here 

C77C04C1-CF42-467D-B67A-71D015331437.jpeg

2 hours ago, AEWON said:

Do you think this is an input error?

Only really the tuner can answer that.  They would have had to first enable the individual trim function, for the table to even show up, then they would have to input the trim value, so it would be pretty odd for all that to happen by mistake...

2 hours ago, AEWON said:

Why would someone trim one cylinder? 

Some engines have poor cooling or a temperature bias on one cylinder, it may have been knocking more on that cylinder, it may have had a cooler EGT? Some engines just have a reputation for failing on a certain cylinder...  Again it is really only the tuner that can answer this question.

I do this quite often - I feel like as a tuner if you aren't tuning all cylinders this way, you're not taking adavantage of the full capability of the ecu.  If the tables are available in the table allocation I prefer to use 3D tables for the individual fuel and ignition trims per cylinder.