What to log for an erratic CAS

kaptainballistik

Aft noon Gov's

I'm getting an issue where the Car (EJ20 DAVCS..) gets a cam Trigger error on one bank when Idling around 1000-1200 rpm, And sometimes gets a little pop/miss just at the same time. Crank trigger seems ok. the Thing isn't "tuned" so the issue may just be that.. its not tuned, but who wants to find out there is an issue on the Dyno when it costs $200,000 an hour. This is also the second cam trigger, Primary cam trigger seems fine.

Ok, Over-exadurating.. $2,000 an hour  :lol:

Nothing I can see on Trigger Scope.... Mutter....Logs seem to show nuttin. CAS sensors set exactly as per the Help guide. Checked more than Santa Claus checks the who gets coal list....

So, you know peeps gona ask for a log, But I like my logs concise so you can drink scotch whilst reading them, whilst sitting in front of a fire of logs.

Is there any particular  fields to look at besides the individual log traces for the CAS and look for scatter? The only thing that's springing to mind is if the AVCS unit has a slight bit of play and I'm getting some noise. AVCS cuts in at 1250RPM and the issue disappears at about that point. But its only one Cam.... 

Or is it just Iridium plugs hate being in a car thats not !00% tuned and ive stuffed them ( and the CAS error that flashes up red is that I'm effectively seeing the missfire as the motor responds and the cam slows down?)

Yes... I've gone mad.... and I hate Iridium plugs and their fouling , Do you think NGK makes Copper plugs for this motor? NO.....

Which cam sensor is reporting the error - one that is connected to trigger 2 or one of the DI's?  One thought I have is with the DI's they need to see a minimum of about 2V so you could possibly get a situation at idle where the sensor doesnt output enough voltage to be considered a signal.  Trigger scope would show if the signal is there or not (doesnt show the voltages on DI's but it would still be helpful).  

Give us a short log showing the problem - always do a PC log so that everything is recorded.  Do a few triggerscopes when the issue is happening too.