Link Plus CAS Cam sensor wiring

Africa

I've got a car running a 1UZFE with a brand new unused Link Plus. Coming close to completing the build and so I thought i'd give it a trial start. With the fuel pumps isolated and the oil system pressurised I sprayed some engine start in the throttle body and it tried to run. I enabled the fuel and the engine caught and after the lifters bled (10 + years no run) the engine ran well for 10 -15 mins during which I started and stopped it a couple of times. Then No start, traced to no spark. Working back I have no CAS signal. I have continuity to the sensors and Trig 1 and Trig 2 on the Link, however the link manual says that I should have a 12 V supply to these from the pin beside the main power in .Tracing this wire(Red White) it goes nowhere. Peeling back the terminated shield cables the other 2, non trig, wires (Brown with trig 1 and green with trig 2) both connect to the shields and go into the shield pin beside Trig 1. So.... should the 12 v (Red/Wh) supply the CAS and Cam sensors and the Trig 1 and 2 wires read the switched voltage ?(as the manual seems to suggest) Or should the sensors switch the Trigs to earth ? What I'm struggling with is the engine ran for 10- 15 mins. Can anyone offer help.

Thanks 

Andrew Hollywood

The factory 1UZ sensors are reluctors - they generate their own voltage.  So the red/white wire is not used with this engine (only used on engines with ahll or optical sensors).

The first step in diagnosing your problem is connect a laptop to the ECU and check if it shows RPM when cranking.  This will confirm if the problem is the trigger or something else.