yet another no spark during crank, but this one is different. maybe...

blackedoutjedi

15 hours ago, Adamw said:

One other change I wouyld make is change the sync tooth in trigger 1 settings to "1", I dont think it is the problem but sync tooth 1 will give more room for error.

It looks like its already set to 1.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AstISA8553ZsgQ9rNqQGhCQsMQAY?e=BaGHRm

On 10/22/2021 at 1:43 AM, Adamw said:

Try setting sync mode to none on trigger 2.  The ecu will then ignore the cam sensor.  with no sync the engine sometimes wont start - if it desnt start, stop cranking for a second, then try again.  It should start approx 50% of attempts.  If you still get trigger errors with the cam sensor turned off then at least it rules that out and we can concentrate more on the crank.

I set sync to none and unplugged the trigger. it didn't make a difference.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AstISA8553ZsgQ7htNk2JMA8fCcH?e=dpWKGf

you mentioned that I should see an occasional no start with no cam sync and that would make since because at some point the engine would be on the wrong stroke but it started every time. I must have started it 10-15 times with no problem.

6 minutes ago, blackedoutjedi said:

It looks like its already set to 1.

Good.  In the last map you attached it was set to 7.

7 minutes ago, blackedoutjedi said:

you mentioned that I should see an occasional no start with no cam sync and that would make since because at some point the engine would be on the wrong stroke but it started every time. I must have started it 10-15 times with no problem.

Sorry, my comment would only apply if it were direct spark.  Since it is distributor the spark will always go to the correct cylinder.  Just the fuel injection timing will sometimes be 360deg out in your case but unlikely you will notice any difference.  

On 10/30/2021 at 9:05 PM, Adamw said:

Im suspicious there is possibly a random spike of electrical noise getting into the trigger circuit intermittently. 

its fixed, and as you suspected it was electrical interference. I switched the plugs out for resistor plugs like you suggested and the issue went away. I've been driving it for 4 days now and it hasn't acted up at all.

thank you Adam!