Issues on G4+ Kurofune Aristo 2JZ-VVTi

paulclaude

Hi all,

First post on here and hope you can provide some pointers in the right direction, I'm trying to setup and dyno map an otherwise standard 1998 Aristo using the Link G4+ Kurofune which has been installed using the HKS F-Con adapter harness. I've managed to get the car up and running ok on the standard wasted spark setup. Trigger has been sync'd to 0 deg with timing light. I had to re-assign the IAT / MAP sensor / MAF / ECT inputs to get those correct. Engine is running 880cc injectors on the stock turbos and a link 3 bar MAP sensor. Engine starts and runs ok on the dyno, and have setup the lower rpm/MAP load area of the fuel map on the dyno. However, I have a few issues;

-Idle speed control - i've had to get it idling on ignition idle control as when I turn that off and set Aux 5-8 to stepper motor as suggested by the help has no control over idle speed and base duty table adjustment doesn't help, engine just idles high. As a result, idle ignition has to be set very low to get it to idle close to target which doesn't seem right.

-CE Light and engine coolant temp both not working on cluster (CE light is Aux output wiring/assignment I assume)

-Engine fans not working, tried various spare aux outputs to test and setting ECT trigger temp below live value but nothing

-VVT doesn't appear to be working, if I change live values at idle no change in engine tone, which doesn't seem normal to me coming from my BMW VVT engine background.

-Any suggestions on setting up the knock control on the factory sensors?

I realize most of these issues are most likely to config and wiring assignment, but if anyone has any pointers/better base map for the Aristo or wiring diagrams for the HKS/F-Con vs. the Aristo stock loom that would probably be a good start.

Base map it's running at the moment is attached.

Thanks,

Paul

PCS_MMartin_Aristo_2JZ_VVTI.pclr

You really will need to do some tracing of the loom to see what is connected, there is very little documentation for the HKS looms especially in engish.  But in my experience for most of the cars with CAN bus, auto trans, or Dash communications they are set up as a piggyback only just controlling fuel and ignition, so you will likely find idle valve and fan is not connected to the Link.  Temp gauge will also likely be via Toyota BEAN communication from the factory ecu.  

I would expect VVT should work though.  Set up looks correct.  (note it wont work at idle because the lockout is set to 1300RPM so you could try above that.  Test wiring with the engine off by switching the Aux 2 to "Test PWM" and frequency to 10Hz and see if you hear the solenoid clicking.  If it clicks then it is just a matter of tuning it.

Also, not supper important, but set the firing order to 123456, the HKS looms have the injectors wired in an the firing order rather than 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc.