Link identification

LSonE

Can anyone please help with info on this link ecu ? Was told it was on a rover v8 at some stage.... Is it capable of running a LS1 engine? How are they tuned laptop? Thanks in advance- Aaron 

Screenshot_20210708-035402_Trade Me.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-035330_Trade Me.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-035349_Trade Me.jpg

It is a G1 "LEMV5".  Really need to see inside to see what type of triggerboard it has in it - these ecu's need a dedicated board to match the engine trigger, you cant change trigger settings via software.  Not suitable for an LS as it only has 3 ign outputs, so typically only used on distributor V8's.

It is PC tunable.  Personally I wouldnt bother fitting one as a new install today, far enough for an existing install, but hard to justify spending time and money installing something so dated and limited.

• 1 month later...

Ok, That has a reluctor sub-board in it.  It will need a distributor with an 8 tooth wheel and a reluctor/VR/magnetic type sensor.  Im pretty sure the GM HEI distributor has a 8 tooth reluctor inside so that might be an option - without the HEI module.  

20 hours ago, Adamw said:

Ok, That has a reluctor sub-board in it.  It will need a distributor with an 8 tooth wheel and a reluctor/VR/magnetic type sensor.  Im pretty sure the GM HEI distributor has a 8 tooth reluctor inside so that might be an option - without the HEI module.  

Thanks Adam!! Legend. I've noticed it doesn't have the o2 sensor wired? Can it run without it. And do have to use a narrow band or can I use a wide band any benefit. And yip I'm a typical kiwi trying to do it myself on a paperbag budget lol.

I think that ecu is actually an older V4 that has been updated to V5 firmware.  The genuine V5 had another 4 pin plug at the tuning port end for connecting a wideband, yours doesnt appear to have that so I would say it is only capable of reading a narrowband.  An O2 sensor is not needed.