Thanks to alot of help from Vaughan and Adamw I was able to get the car running and to the tuner but I'm having some idle issues and could use some help. I know from past experiences that tuning on a dyno rarely addresses low rpm drivability and idle, not to mention when I took it in I still had a hardware issue with my IACV so its no fault on the tune shop. 

when I got the car back it had a hard time on cold starts, sometimes taking 2-3 minutes of cranking before starting. figured this had to do with the IAC problem so I waited until the new valve showed up before thinking too much of it. I installed the new valve and copied all the idle control data from the WRX V7 tune because thats what the tbody and IACV came off. the tune seemed to work but not well. I kept dealing with erratic idle speeds and still had trouble on cold starts. I made some changes to the idle tables and it got more stable but I still have an extended crank 20-30sec. and after it start the idle seems to move around and surge sometimes.

here is a log of todays cold start and complete warm up along with trigger scopes during cold crank and running after warm up and the tune.

any help would be great.  

PC Datalog - 2021-07-13 11;39;14 am warm up.llgx cold start.llgx warm up.llgx 1968 volvo 122s b20 tuned IAC 800rpm hot target.pclx

I think the main problem with start up is the trigger 2 arming threshold too high so sometimes it wouldnt sync.  I have adjusted that in your mapo below, I have also enabled pre-crank prime with some generic numbers, enabled idle ignition control and tweaked some idle settings so idle control activates.  Idle control was locked out due to map in your last log.  You can use the file compare function to see what I changed.  

Do a new cold start log with this map.

1968volvo122sb20tunedIAC800rpmhottarget tweaked idle.pclx

huge improvement! acceleration feels a lot smoother, very noticeable tipping into the throttle just off idle. thanks Adam!

There is one issue that has become more prevalent after the changes and that's returning to idle. It had the problem before but didn't seem as bad. with out a load on the engine if you rev up and let off the RPMs will dip way low before stabilizing and returning to idle, often times low enough to turn the charge and oil warning lights on momentarily. its worst when driving and if I down shift and force the RPMs to hang at all when coming to a stop it will stall every time, (starts right back up.) I realize that a lot of that is due to not having and wheel speed or in gear reference but is there any work around?

here's a log from a drive this morning. it only stalled the one time.

PC Datalog - 2021-07-16 8;16;50 am drive.llgx

On 7/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, Adamw said:

Do a new cold start log with this map.

I did, but when I try to up load it says the files is too large. Colder this morning than previously so it took longer to get to temp. I will try again tomorrow.

You only get a small attachment allowance, you can share the files using a link from onedrive, google drive or similar.

The settings I put in there were only to make sure closed loop activated so we got a cold start log with closed loop working, these lockouts are too loose for normal driving and will be contributing to the stalling issues.  But we can only put realistic values in there once you do a cold start log so we know the base position is close.

This should be closer.  Do some blips to see if RPM still dips on return to idle, if it does, add some dashpot offset and experiment with hold and decay until you get rid of that (just free reving, not driving).

Ideally you will need a speed sensor to prevent the idle valve winding closed on overrun while slowing down for traffic lights etc but I have bumped up the min clamp and lowered the RPM lockout to help minimse that effect. 

Further idle adjustments.pclx