Map sensor error: signal level at ground

Abbott

Hi all,

I've recently started getting an issue where I'll get a pause/delay for maybe up to a second when I want to go back onto the throttle after being off throttle. I've logged some data and during that it would spit out 'map sensor error: signal level at ground'. Looking at the data I can see the map sensor loses input and reads a flat 50kPa regardless of throttle input. I've noticed this usually only happens on the overrun, never while on the throttle, and usually between 3500-5000RPM. Uncertain if this is a wiring issue yet, I haven't been able to find any issues and haven't done any work on the electronics since the issue arose. Pls halp...

I've uploaded the data log and highlighted areas where the sensor is failing in Orange.

Extra information: after getting a new exhaust it did overload the boost sensor a couple times. Could that damage it in this way?

MAP Sensor Error.xlsx

I would guess there is either a loose connection or the MAP sensor is failing.  The 50Kpa is just a hardcoded value that gets used when the input is in fault.  So basically you are losing signal to the MAP pin - the ecu is seeing 0 volts.  Normal operating range for most MAP sensors is about 0.2-4.8V so 0v means something is wrong.  

Usually when the sensors fail they just start to read wrong (i.e doesnt match BAP with engine off) so I think a bad connection is more likely in this case.  You could try using the gauge page, setup MAP on one of the big gauges and watch that while yanking and shaking the loom and connectors etc.