1uz no spark when cranking

pagie84a

3 hours ago, pagie84a said:

no change

Ecu looks all happy in the log, RPM is stable and dwell is being commanded so you should have spark now.  Are you saying there is still no spark?

A few of your fuel settings need work but that isnt going to prevent spark.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:22 PM, Adamw said:

Ecu looks all happy in the log, RPM is stable and dwell is being commanded so you should have spark now.  Are you saying there is still no spark?

A few of your fuel settings need work but that isnt going to prevent spark.

Not too stressed about fuel right now just wanna get it running and ill send it off for a tune, has fuel pressure at the rail and injectors test fired 

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Check there is still 12V at coils when cranking.  The ecu appears to be commanding spark when cranking in your last log.

Ok ill have a look tomorrow rekon your onto something here might power the coil relay direct to battery for now

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

So how are you checking there is no spark, do you have a plug out so you can view it while cranking?

Screwdriver in the end of the coil grounding on the block, big ol spark on test none when cranking

On 8/1/2021 at 7:04 AM, Adamw said:

Try with a spark plug so there is a controlled gap.  Have you got an LED test light?

Can you do another log when cranking so I can confirm there is still everything happy.

Has spark, mustve been gap as you said. Still wont fire

As I mentioned earlier the fuel table is not suitable for modelled mode, you want numbers ranging from about 50-110.  Import the fuel table below will be closer - or highlight your whole existing fuel table and multiply it by 2.5.  

Assuming you have put a timing light on it and checked the timing mark is close already, then the next thing I would try is shifting the trigger offest by 360.  So it is 4 now, try it at -356.

VE Fuel Table .lte

On 8/2/2021 at 6:07 PM, Adamw said:

As I mentioned earlier the fuel table is not suitable for modelled mode, you want numbers ranging from about 50-110.  Import the fuel table below will be closer - or highlight your whole existing fuel table and multiply it by 2.5.  

Assuming you have put a timing light on it and checked the timing mark is close already, then the next thing I would try is shifting the trigger offest by 360.  So it is 4 now, try it at -356.

VE Fuel Table .lte 1.39 kB · 4 downloads

have loaded fuel table and attempted at -356 still no love new log and tune attached

log 3.llg tune with 360 trig offset.pclr

15 minutes ago, cruz177 said:

I realized that those coils needed an igniter

What coils are you using?

He is using 2UZ coils which have built-in ignitors.

Everything looks happy in the log.   If there are no signs of life then you either have no fuel, no spark, no compression or incorrect timing.  You need to go back to basics and first determine which one is missing.  Absensce of fuel can be tested with a quick squirt of starter spray.  Spark and timing can be can be checked with a timing light.   

• 1 month later...