Downshift Auto-blip

superstockneo

Hi,

I’m looking for examples if possible, to run a downshift auto-blip and WOT upshift. 

This for a fury g4x. 
Car has e-throttle, with clutch switch and brake switch wired in to digital inputs. It’s a street car with a standard synchro H-pattern gearbox. 

Any suggestions and examples would be appreciated. Thank you. 

For the blip in a road car application you are best to use a 2nd throttle target table so you can command a different amout of blip based on RPM or speed or both - so you get a less agressive blip (or non blip) when driving slow.  The gear shift function only gives you the ability to vary blip with gear pos.  Activate the 2nd E-throttle table using a GP output based on clutch and brake status or whatever else you want to lockout.  

Something like below.

gKonXTs.png

• 3 months later...

Will the above example give the blip function during multiple down shifts?  Currently have it setup, also h pattern, but jist using upshift/down shift control, with out a second throttle table. Works great for a single downshift bit seems like logic wants to either see the brake released and pressed abd then clutch switch again, or reapplication of throttle before activating blip mode again. 

EDIT.... Pulled this up on my phone doing a search and now see its in the G4x.  Is this possible with G4+? 

Edited by h82lose91

I was hoping the virtual aux of the brake and clutch switch would trigger the blip.  But since the brake is still pressed and only clutch condition has cjanged and been reapplied i dont thing the logic allows it to blip the throttle again and again like say going from 6th to 5 to4 to 3rd scenario. 

If you are using the gear shift control function then there is also a re-activation delay setting.  So for example if set to 500ms it will not do another blip within 500ms of the end of the last gear shift.  So you are possibly being lockout by that or your clutch is not fully coming up to reset for the next shift.

On my phone... Will attach tune and log. Driving home i added some of the gear shift status to my pclink layout. I can see where it sees the 2bd down shift (down shift stauts) but the blip doesn't happen. Prior i could see where the reactivation time was too high. 

Ill attach log and tune when i get back to my laptop. 

Could this be decel fuel realted possibly? 

After looking over the datalog i was about to send, injector pulse was 0 on 2nd down shift. Overrun fuel was on and creating the issue. Turned it off and all good. Just need to tweak the settings 

Edited by h82lose91
Looked at the data. Data doesn't lie!!

• 1 month later...