Speed sensor and pit limiter.

Liam2ZZ

Hi all,

Probably a bit of a novice question but here goes.......

My race car has a G4+ Monsoon and I've been managing pit lane speeds via keeping to a certain rpm vs gear. Now I want to incorporate a pit limiter.

I have a race technology 3 wire Wheel speed sensor (Hall effect) it has a 12v supply, ground and signal output.

How do I wire it to the ecu? also assuming it works correctly, how do I make a pit limiter from the speed signal?

Speed would be displayed on the Race technology Dash 2 via Can.

I have 4 unused DI spare.

Many thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 16.49.28.png

Connect the signal wire to any DI, set the DI to one of the wheel speeds, set pull-up to on.  Calibration number can be calucluated using the formula in the help file or just drive it at a known speed (GPS on your phone or similar) and tweak the calibration number until speed in the software matches you phone.

In Chassis & Body menu assign your new wheel speed as both driven and non-driven wheel.   In the Engine protection menu set up the speed limiter.  Set the ON/off control to the DI you pit limiter switch is connected to, set the target speed.  Usually you will need to set the speed limit to advanced mode and tweak the limiter setting to get a smooth limit at the correct speed.  

Thank you very much Adam, I'll give this a go. 

For the switch for the limiter, I use a Summit Technology Talon switch panel, its 12v but the current output is very low (just enough to trigger a relay), would this work if I connected it directly to the DI?