Looking for Triumph IAT sensor calibration curve data, OEM part # T1290627

Pete_89t2

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has good resistance vs. temperature data for the subject Triumph IAT sensor? Haven't had much luck finding anything authoritative on this sensor, outside of a few DIY cal curves produced by end users.

I recently purchased one of these sensors for my FD RX7, as it is a direct mechanical fit in the FD intake manifold, and is supposedly a faster reacting sensor than most of the thermistor based sensors out there.

Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Whats the resistance at room temp ~20deg C?

I'll find that out and report back when the sensor arrives in the mail tomorrow and I plug it in. Might not be 20*C exactly but I'll be able to compare the Triumph IAT (mounted in the upper intake manifold) with the other IAT sensor I have (mounted in the cold side IC piping), and with ECT & Oil Temp readings. When the car is left overnight cold, all of those readings will typically read within 1~3*F of one another, at the current ambient air temperature.

I didn't get a resistance measurement, but after hooking it up and doing a little testing, it appears this IAT sensor is happy with the "Std Bosch NTC" calibration data that's built into my G4+. With the car overnight cold, the new sensor tracked within 2~3*F warmer than the other IAT sensor I have installed. The new sensor (Triumph) is located in the FD's upper intake manifold, and the other IAT sensor (GM Delphi fast response IAT) is just before the throttle body inlet elbow on the inter cooler piping. After a drive, the two sensors remained in close agreement, trending in the same directions within a few degrees F of one another. As expected, the Triumph  sensor (in the UIM) read a bit higher due to its location being more influenced by heat soak.