Base map for Ford Duratec / Mazda MZR

Scottw

Hi Adam,

I was have a play over the weekend on the throttle (standard Ford unit), noticed the 5v was not fully pushed in and must have been me that pushed in in wrong damaging the pin. Ordered a new connector (as ever will takes weeks to arrive) that I am sure will fix the errant throttle. will let you know once it is running again.

Cheers,

Scott 

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam,

hope you are well, been a while - like most busy with work.

Since the last update I have replaced the Throttle body and E-Peddle for Bosch units and this area is a lot better, when the engine is running it is not jumping anymore.

I've attached 2 log files, one with the engine just about running and second when it would not start.

I did not manage to get a file when it was running "better" - seems to only on 3 cyl when it does rev up to 2500 with the corresponding unburnt petrol  / smoke through the exhuast (Black smoke)

any thought appreciated (alternator not connected thus the low Battery)

Cheers,

Scott 

PC Datalog - 2021-12-16 5;33;04 pm dec test.llgx PC Datalog - 2021-12-16 5;34;19 pm 2 no start.llgx TriggerScopeLog dec.llgx

The "no start" is because there is no signal from the cam sensor at all.  With no cam sensor it will sync only by luck of the draw - so it will start approx 50% of start attempts, other times it will be sparking on the exhaust stroke so will never start - until you stop cranking and try again - then you will get another 50/50 chance...  

The bad running is due to your MAP sensor reading wrong, it is showing 300kpa at idle so you are getting about 600% more fuel than you should be.  MAP should read about 100Kpa with the engine off.  The MAP sensor calibration is current set to "Link 4 Bar", are you sure that is the sensor you have?

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the previous - Checked out Cam shaft wiring and happy it was powered but nothing out of the sensor, ordered another and thank you for the Map blindingly obvious issue, now correctly calibrated with the Bosch 1.15bar unit.

engine runs 1000 times better - now need a little direction (again) - when starting it just runs up to set max rpm, confirm the throttle is at 100%. I brought the RPM limit down to 2000 whilst I was trying to problem solve but drew a blank - have attached a log for the last run.

As ever really appreciate your help

Cheers,

Scott

PC Datalog - 2021-12-19 2;49;50 pm running with 2000 rpm limit.llgx

9 hours ago, Scottw said:

Checked out Cam shaft wiring and happy it was powered but nothing out of the sensor

In the last map you attached the cam sensor is set up as a reluctor - which is a 2 wire non-powered sensor.  One of your earlier trigger scopes also suggested is was a reluctor.  Do you actually have a hall sensor? 

9 hours ago, Scottw said:

when starting it just runs up to set max rpm, confirm the throttle is at 100%

It is sitting at 4% in the log you attached which matches the target.  Can you set the E-throttle "when stalled" to run and do a short log of some throttle movements with the engine off.  Also attach a copy of your current tune.    

Once again thanks Adam, will check tonight - Confirm it is a 2 wire reluctor, same as the crank, I measured 1.5v on the crank wires and same on Cam wire so I am really just guessing it is the senor  - sure you are tired of my by now.

Unfortunately I'm about 3 hours out of Perth and the nearest Link dealer, thus the desire to get it running in a basic form and ensure cooling and drivetrain is ok before I make to trip to drop it off.

Once again really appreciate your help :-) 

Good morning Adam. Please find attached the base Map and a log with the engine off and movement of the Throttle. On the upside at least the simplest of jobs has gone well tonight with the Link/Aim dash set up, great interface and simple to set up. 

Cheers,

Scott

PC Datalog - 2021-12-20 6;24;10 pm thottle position engine off.llgx Duratec scott Dec 21.pclx

Hi Adam - no change in moving the idle settings, however I left the engine running for a while at the 2k limit as it warned so i could have a good look over, what is pretty obvious is a significant air leak at the rear of the manifold that I will look at over the holidays..

thanks again for for your help and hope you have a good X mass holiday 

Scott