2JZ Wont Start After Removal

Nick Bryan

Hi All,

I removed my 2JZ from the car and did a refresh of a few things, cambelt and new alternator.

Since putting it back in it wont start, i have checked the timing with a timing light and is at 10 degrees, using a test like the injector is getting a pulse at cranking but the plugs when removed are dry.

Before going to far i wanted to know if anyone had this problem, im thinking that maybe the injectors are blocked or something is holding it out in the ecu.

Please find attached trigger scope, tune and logging of trying to start.

not starting 2.llg S15.pclr Trigger Scope Log 2021-11-7 10;13;15 pm.llg

Ill check it after work today, i did have the wrong sensor wired in and unsure if this log is before or after i changed it, thank you

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Your fuel pressure is regularly dropping to zero.

PfxWlzD.png

What would be causing this? Blocked filter? Im just confused as i litterally just removed and put the motor back in

4 hours ago, Nick Bryan said:

What would be causing this? Blocked filter? Im just confused as i litterally just removed and put the motor back in

Is the Fuel Pump Running.

Are the feed and return hooked up the right way around.

Are you getting fuel to the rail.

Are you getting fuel out the return.

Yes fuel pump runs as we get to fuel pressure, but im curious now if the PDM running the pump is faulting, the whole system has been redone so it would be hard to get the lines around the wrong way. 10an feed 8an return with fuel rails in paralell, i was getting fuel back to the tank but that was manually running the pump through the PDM

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

A quick squirt of some starting fluid into the intake will confirm if you have a fuel supply issue or not.  

Hi @Adamw

I have got the fuel running properly, check the cam timing as well as the ignition timing and still not starting, her is the latest log

S15_211108.llg

You've got regular trigger errors in this latest log.  Looking at the triggerscope it is because the cam edges are about 30deg retarded from where they should be.  

Some of this maybe caused since the stock sensors have been replaced by the hall sensors but it may also be something like the cam timing is possibly a tooth out too.

You could try changing trigger 1 edge (crank) to rising - it may be just enough to make it happy.  If it does run with that change then base timing will need to be reset also.