RB26 Knock Control

LeeE

My GTR R33 is pretty much stock.

I am attempting to configure knock control and want a knock free baseline audio recording.

If I retard the GTR basemap ignition table by 5 degrees and run off actuator spring pressure boost of 0.7 bar (stock is 0.8 bar) would this guarantee a knock free run, assuming the base ignition timing and fueling are OK?

I have attached the GTR basemap ignition table, both default and retarded by 5 Degrees for reference.

I'd appreciate any ideas or feedback.

Thanks

Basemap.jpg

Basemap - 5 Degrees.jpg

Thanks Adam

It is a stock compression motor using 98 octane fuel.

At the moment I am only trying to establish what knock/no knock sounds like for this engine, not set a threshold.

Would you expect this modified map to be knock free when running a boost of 1 bar (max) given the octane level of the fuel being used?

Thanks for the reply.

I've been attempting to induce some knock to compare to the audio recording from a previous run that should have been a knock free run.

I've tried gradually advancing the timing for map rows 80 kPa to 120 kPa to a max as per the table below. However, other than being noisier, I can not detect any other difference to the knock free recording.

Would you expect the timing table below to produce knock or am I going about this the wrong way?

424523724_KnockIgnitionTable.jpg.967013732b9d6dd62ce297ae1cf4a639.jpg