ECT scale in boost control

Julien

8 hours ago, Julien said:

so I really think there is a limitation at 150° in your software.

As I said above, only the built in pre-defined calibrations stop at 150°C.  Provided your cal table spans higher than 150, the only limitation on the ECT variable is 1500°C.  Here is an example on a live ECU:

F9HQUSO.png

Ill talk to the firmware guys if there is a good way the other tables you mention can be expanded without causing drama for other users. The problem I foresee is it will potentially mess up those tables for everyone else that has already tuned those tables in the past.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

As I said above, only the built in pre-defined calibrations stop at 150°C.  Provided your cal table spans higher than 150, the only limitation on the ECT variable is 1500°C. 

My bad your explanation was quite clear..

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

Ill talk to the firmware guys if there is a good way the other tables you mention can be expanded without causing drama for other users. The problem I foresee is it will potentially mess up those tables for everyone else that has already tuned those tables in the past.

Yep I understand that problem :/

maybe a setting to choose between water or air cooled engine that would be water as default. When selected to air it would then change the name ECT to CHT as well as the scales but this would certainly be a lot more work especially if you never encountered that problem..

Well, I’m getting the car back next week and I’m going to Le Mans Classic at the end of the month. Let me see if I can refine the calibration with the actual scales before messing with your software…